手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 轻松娱乐听力 > 英语PK台 > 正文

英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第410期:我从肯尼亚来,中国是我家

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Track One

A lot of people, when I meet them here—the first question is:
我遇到的很多人,他们问我的第一个问题是:
"What school do you go to?"
"你在哪里上学?"
I am not a student.
我不是学生。
Ok what do you do? I work
哦,那你是做什么的?我在工作。
They say "Oh, you don't do business?" "No!"
他们又说,"哦,你没有做生意?""没有!"
So you came to China to study and then you found your job?
所以你是先来中国学习,然后再找的工作吗?
"No. I came from Kenya to China for a job".
"不是,我直接从肯尼亚来中国工作。"
They go—"Oh that's interesting. Very strange."
他们感叹——"哦,有意思,挺奇怪的啊。"
Sometimes the conversation ends there.
有时,我和他们的对话就在这里结束了。
You get to realise that a lot of people don't know there are a lot of African people here, who I have met, who are doing so many different things.
你得知道,不少人其实并不了解中国有很多非洲人,我认识他们,而他们也在做着各种各样的事情。
Some in fashion, modelling, teaching—doing so many different things
有的人在时尚业,有的人是模特,还有的人在教书——各行各业的人都有
But the fact that we predominately have diplomats and students here
但事实上,我们中大多数都是外交官和学生。
It kind of lets people have this kind of preconceived ideas about Africans in China
这就是中国人心目中对非洲人的(先入为主的)印象。
A lot of people think she must be a student, or a diplomat or just somebody visiting to buy stuff.
他们会觉得这个非洲人肯定是学生、外交官或者买东西的游客。
Having been here this long I now see myself as a ‘third culture kid'
在中国这么长时间了,我早就把自己看作"第三文化小孩"
Kenya is home, China is home.
肯尼亚是家,中国也是家。
I do not have a permanent address yet—where I would say I want to retire
我现在居无定所,我也不知道我会在哪里退休。
I am a kind of person who is interested in travelling
我非常喜欢旅行
So I am taking this opportunity while I am in China
所以我要趁自己在中国的时候好好享受旅行
This is my time to travel Asia, to get to know different cultures, especially in Southeast Asia
这是我的亚洲之旅,我要借此机会了解不同的文化,特别是东南亚的文化
And so after China I do not know what is going to happen
所以,我不知道离开中国后会发生些什么
But, for now, all I know is that this is my home.
但是,现在我非常确定中国就是我的家。
And Kenya is my home as well.
肯尼亚也是我的家。
But I still have to figure out what is going to happen in the future
不过我仍然要搞清楚未来会发生些什么
As I still think I am quite young—so I still have time to decide what I want to do
我还年轻,所以我有充足的时间来决定自己想做的事情

我从肯尼亚来,中国是我家

Track Two

The only worries I have about staying here permanently is things like pollution
如果说要在这里永久居住,我唯一的担心就是环境污染问题
Everything else love it!
其他的一切都很好!
Chinese people find it a bit strange that westerners want to come to live here
看到西方人想要居住在这里,中国人觉得有点奇怪
It also depends on what kind of westerners or foreigners they are talking to
这其实也要看对方是是什么样的西方人
Chinese people are fascinated with black people
中国人对黑人尤为好奇
For most of them it is the first time they have come into contact
对大多数中国人来说,这是他们第一次接触黑人
And ask so many questions like "Where are you from?"—especially the taxi drivers.
所以,他们最爱问的问题就是,"你是哪个国家的啊?"——出租车司机尤其爱问这个问题
Beijing—and they go "Impossible"!!
北京——他们说"不可能!!"
But I live here—this is my home—No, no,no!!
但是我住在这里——这是我的家——不,不!!
You are ‘meiguoren'?—No I am not an American I am from Africa
你是美国人?不,我不是美国人,我来自非洲
"Oh, I see. So which part of Africa?" "Kenya"
"哦,知道了。非洲哪个国家啊?""肯尼亚"
"So you run a lot?"
"那你肯定很能跑咯?"
"Yes in the gym!!"
"对,在健身房里跑!"
It is very fascinating about how they react to us foreigners
中国人遇到外国人时的反应其实挺有趣的
I have got a friend from Gabon, Luke Benza.
Luke Benza是我的朋友,他来自加蓬。
He is an actor, a martial arts person.
他是一名演员,也是练武术的
He has been here for over 30 years. Every time I meet him I still cannot believe he has been here for 30 years.
他在中国已经30多年了。每次我见到他时,我都不敢相信他在中国已经有30年了。
Right now, me being black and African is so fascinating.
对我来说,黑人和非洲人的身份是很奇妙的体验。
I can only imagine coming at 14 and going to the Shaolin Temple for a year and a half
我只能想象14岁来中国,然后在少林寺待了一年半
What it must have been like for him.
那么对他来说,恐怕就是这个样子的吧。
After China and Africa started doing business—right now if you went to Africa there are so many Chinese people
在中国和非洲开始了贸易往来后——如果你现在去非洲,你一定能见到不少中国人
In Kenya on the streets you see a Chinese person hawking phones, selling things on the street
在肯尼亚的大街上,你可以看到中国人在兜售手机和其他的东西
And then you find Chinese restaurants just mushrooming and buildings cropping up with Chinese writings on them
你还会看到:中餐馆(涌现)到处都是,各种拔地而起的建筑上也都写着中国字
And all the Confucius Institutes.
当然,还有遍地都是的孔子学院。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
react [ri'ækt]

想一想再看

vt. 作出反应
vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻

联想记忆
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
fascinating ['fæsineitiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 迷人的

联想记忆
diplomat ['dipləmæt]

想一想再看

adj. 外交官,外交家 n. 外交家

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
permanent ['pə:mənənt]

想一想再看

adj. 永久的,持久的
n. 烫发

联想记忆
permanently ['pə:mənəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 永久地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。