Have you ever been told because you're a girl that you should not do something?
有没有人说过,因为你是女生,所以你不该做某事?
Yes. All the time. All the time. It's a constant.
有。一直如此。一直如此,已经是常态了。
People think that girls are suppose to be all happy and la-di-da, you know?
人们认为女生就应该很开朗,
Be kind of traditional, like don't do something too challenging.
要传统一点,不要做太有挑战性的事情。
I can't really like... rescue anybody.
我不能拯救别人。
Like, it's always like, the boys who rescue the girls in the stories.
在故事里面,通常都是男生救女生。
I want you to go grab one of those boxes over there.
请你去那边拿一个箱子过来。
This represents your limitation.
这代表了对你的限制。
So I'd like you to write on each one, one of the things that you said.
请在箱子上面写下你刚说的那些话。
I started holding back and not trying things out as much and just... it limited who I was.
我开始退缩,不再那么勇于尝试,限制了我自己。
I quit trumpet, I quit basketball, I quit wrestling.
我放弃练习小号、篮球和摔跤。
I... I... I told myself that I should stop if I'm not good.
我。。我告诉我自己,如果不够好就该停下来。
And did you quit? For a week.
所以你就放弃了吗?放弃了一个礼拜吧。
And then what happened?
之后发生了什么?
I proved them wrong by trying harder to get better.
我更努力让自己进步,证明别人是错的。
I tried to behave what other people want me to behave and then I found that was horrible.
我想按照别人认为我该怎么做而做,结果我发现那样糟透了。
So I said, "Okay, no more!"
所以我说,我再也不要那样了。
What do you want to do with that box?
你想怎么处置这个箱子?
I really want to break this box or maybe explode it or something.
我真的想弄坏这个箱子,或是把它炸烂之类的。
Kick' em. Go for it. Wait. Are you serious?
通通踢烂。那就动脚吧。等等,你是认真的?
I think you need to keep going with whatever you love to do, and do anything you want.
我认为你应该继续做那些自己热爱的事情,做任何想做的事情。
You can conquer any fear you've had and just live your dream and do whatever you want to do and...
你可以战胜所有恐惧,实现自己的梦想,做任何自己想做的事情...
That's why I love the word unstoppable.
这就是为什么我喜欢“不可阻挡”这个词。