1、depend
取决(于);有赖(于)
The cooking time needed depends on the size of the potato.
所需的烹饪时间取决于土豆的大小。
What happened later would depend on his talk with De Solina.
日后之事将有赖于他与德索利纳的谈话结果。
依靠;依赖
They may hate what he does but their survival depends on him.
他们或许讨厌他的营生,但他们要想活下来必须依靠他。
He depended on his writing for his income.
他靠写作赚取收入。
取决于;根据;由…决定
I tend to have a different answer, depending on the family.
根据家庭的不同,我往往会给出不同的答案。
People in the rest of the country celebrated independence even later, depending on when the news of Congress's action reached them.
该国其他地区的人们庆祝独立的时间甚至更晚,这要取决于有关国会决定的消息何时传到了他们那里。
2、come along
(尤用于鼓励别人参加某活动)来吧,一起来
There's a big press launch today and you're most welcome to come along.
今天有一个大型的媒体推介会,非常希望您能光临。
加把劲儿;赶快
Come along, Osmond. No sense in your standing around.
快点儿,奥斯蒙德,你闲站着干什么。
(偶然地)发生,来到
I waited a long time until a script came along that I thought was genuinely funny.
我等了很长时间,直到出现了一个我认为真正逗趣的剧本。
It was lucky you came along.
真幸运你来了。
进展;进步
Pentagon spokesman Williams says those talks are coming along quite well.
五角大楼发言人威廉斯说那些会谈进展得相当顺利。
How's Ferguson coming along?
弗格森现在怎么样啊?