And then my mother said 'oh you were born, you were just born talking this.'
后来我母亲说 "你出生了,一生下来就说着这些"
And so it was always. But you asked about what was the first that I ever wrote.
所以总是这样,但是你问到我写过的第一篇东西是什么
Now that's very different from what I spoke and of course I could speak before I could write.
这和我刚才讲的很不一样,当然我会写作之前就会说话了
And when I was about eight years old, eight, nine, somewhere in there, I...
当我8岁时,8岁,9岁在这之间吧
by this time I had mastered the alphabet and I was overjoyed,
那时我已经会背字母表了,我非常开心
I realised that with those twenty six letters, I could write anything, I could even write Chinese
意识到有这26个字母,我什么都能写了,甚至还能写中文
because I had this tool which I could write down all the sounds that I had been uttering.
因为我有了这项工具,可以写下所有吐露过的声音
And, so with the English language came the writing and the first poem I ever wrote was about flying and I felt that I was flying
通过英语,我写了第一篇东西,第一首诗是关于飞翔的,我觉得自己在飞
as I was writing and I was in such wonder that I and fly and sky rhymed.
就像在写作一样,我如此的好奇,我飞着,和天空同韵
Thank you! You're welcome.
谢谢你!不客气