This is one,1929 obviously.
这很明显是1929年的
But I wanted to put on the walls days of extreme panic in Wall Street,
但想要把华尔街真正恐慌的年代放在墙上
just as a reminder that anything can happen in this world.I mean it.
作为世界上任何事都可能发生的提醒 我是认真的
it's instructive art you can call it.
这是具有启发性的艺术
I was born in 1930 here in Omaha, Nebraska,during the stock market crash.
我1930年出生于内布拉斯加的奥马哈
My dad lost his job in 1931, a year after I was born.
我父亲在我出生一年后 1931年时丢掉了工作
He was a stock salesman,
他是一名股票交易员
and he had what little savings he had in the bank,and so he started his own company.
他在银行里有点存款 所以他开了自己的公司
He worked right through the depression.
他经历了大萧条
He had an investment company,
他拥有一家投资公司
and as an adult when I looked back,I thought, "Wow, did that ever take a lot of nerve."
作为一个成年人 我想 这要拥有多大的勇气
Sometimes we'd go down there on Sunday,and we could play with the adding machine.
有时我们周日会去玩 我们会玩算术计算机
My brother and I tended to play the games together.
我的兄弟和我喜欢一起玩游戏
And I remember at one point he said to me,
我记得当时他和我说
"I'm going to be a millionaire by the time I'm... 30," or something like that.
我要在我30岁前成为一名百万富翁 或是此类的话
It was totally outside of anything my family had experienced,but he just was unusual that way.
那超出了我们家所经历的 但是他不走寻常路
Well, I was the oldest, and then my brother and then my sister.
我是最大的 然后是我的弟弟和妹妹
And my father would go to New York periodically to check on businesses, stocks, and things like that,
我父亲会定期去纽约 查看他的业务 股票之类的事情
and he'd come back, he'd always have a costume for each of us,and Warren loved it.
他在回来时会给我们每人带一件衣服 沃伦很喜欢那些衣服