He was very good-natured.He was quiet.
他脾气好 安静
It was hard to tell he was a genius at that point, but I mean,who was looking?
当时还很难察觉出他是个天才 但是谁又会注意到他
The first books I read on investment were actually in my dad's office.
我第一次读有关投资的书是在我父亲的办公室里
Pretty soon, I read all the books in the office and read some of them more than once.
很快 我就读完了他办公室里所有的书 有的书读了不止一次
My dad had various nicknames for me.
我的父亲给我起了很多绰号
He'd call me "Fireball" sometimes,because I'd start little businesses.
他有时会叫我“火球” 因为我开始了一点小生意
He didn't care about money at all.
他根本不在乎钱
He believed very much in having an inner scorecard and never worry about what other people are thinking about you.
他很相信有内部评分卡的存在 而且从来不担心别人如何看你
You know, just,just,if you know why you're doing what you're doing, that's good enough.
你知道 如果你知道你为什么要做你正在做的事 那就足够了
I admired everything about him to the extent that I was absorbing lessons from him without knowing it.
我仰慕他的全部 以至于我一直能从他那里学到东西
And the idea that all lives have equal value is something that all three of his children felt since I can remember.
从记事起 三个孩子都明白 人人生来平等这个道理
My dad at one point ran for congress when I was 12 or so.
我父亲在12岁时为国会的事情奔波
It was a very republican household.
这是一个非常倾向与共和党的家庭
I campaigned for him. My sisters campaigned for him.The whole family did.
我为他助选 我姐妹为她助选 全家都为他助选
My mother was very, very bright,and she was very gregarious. She was a good campaigner for my dad.
我母亲非常非常聪明 她非常懂得社交 她是一名很好的竞选伙伴
She had a lot of ambition, and I think my brother Warren got a lot of his extreme competitiveness from my mother, actually.
她有很多抱负 我觉得我的哥哥沃伦从我母亲那里继承了很多竞争力