Over the course of three years, we recorded eight to 10 hours a day,
历经3年的时间,我们每天记录8到10个小时
amassing roughly a quarter-million hours of multi-track audio and video.
积累了大约25万小时的多轨音频和视频资料
So you're looking at a piece of what is by far the largest home video collection ever made.
所以你现在看到的是有史以来最大的家庭录相集
And what this data represents for our family at a personal level,
从个人的角度而言,这些代表了我们家庭的资料
the impact has already been immense, and we're still learning its value.
已经产生了巨大的影响,我们还在继续学习其中的价值
Countless moments of unsolicited natural moments, not posed moments, are captured there,
无数的时刻,无预兆的,不造作的自然时刻都记录在这里
and we're starting to learn how to discover them and find them.
我们正开始学习怎样发现和寻找它们
But there's also a scientific reason that drove this project,
而促使这个项目还有一个科学的原因
which was to use this natural longitudinal data to understand the process of how a child learns language -- that child being my son.
便是用这些纵向记录的数据去了解一个孩子是怎样学习语言的--这个孩子是我的儿子
And so with many privacy provisions put in place to protect everyone who was recorded in the data,
所以在设置了隐私保护的条件下,每个被记录到的人物都得到保护
we made elements of the data available to my trusted research team at MIT
我们对我们信任的麻省理工研究团队公开了部分数据
so we could start teasing apart patterns in this massive data set,
因此我们可以从这个巨大的数据资料中排除出一些多余的模式
trying to understand the influence of social environments on language acquisition.
以此来试图理解社会环境对语言形成的影响
So we're looking here at one of the first things we started to do.
所以我们在这里看到我们所做的第一件事情
This is my wife and I cooking breakfast in the kitchen,
这是我的妻子和我在厨房做早餐
and as we move through space and through time, a very everyday pattern of life in the kitchen.
随着时间的流逝地点的变化,这是厨房里日常生活的轨迹。