"The sage then is godlike."
"那么圣人就像上帝一样"
Filo's God is the sage on high.
所以费罗的上帝是境界较高的智者
"His character and moral psyche are vulnerable only to what one does
"他的品质和道德心理"只会容易受到自己所做作为
and what others do to him, or to those er or what others do to him or those in his keeping."
其他人对他所做的事别其他人对他所做的事以及他掌控的人的伤害"
And again I think this makes the picture far too remote and far too useless
我仍然觉得这么说太过遥远,对于指导我们自己的行为
for guiding our own behaviour and I, I wanna scoot forward a wee bit
没有什么帮助我想再深入拓展一点
and call attention to something I recall very vividly
我想请大家注意一段话,我至今还历历在目
er Stockdale saying um this was just after 911
是斯托克代尔说的一段话,那是在911以后
when I interviewed him, he said he recalls um,
我采访他,他说他回想起
er saying to a fellow prisoner at the Hanoi Hilton
在河内希尔顿战俘营有个战俘
who had just come back from being,
他刚刚从绳套审讯中恢复意识
from taking the ropes, "there are no virgins here, "
他对这个战俘说 "没有人是清白的"
he told this fellow POW who felt tremendous shame for having broken
他是这么对战俘说的这名战俘被套上绳子经历酷刑后招供了
when he took the ropes, now I want to be a little clear here
他感到非常羞愧现在我想把这段痛苦的经历
what the specifics of what the or, this ordeal is because they are not well know.
说得清晰一点,讲一下它的具体细节因为大家对此并不是很了解
So to take the ropes in the Hanoi Hilton, would be the following according to Stockdale.
根据斯托克代尔的描述,在河内希尔顿监狱被套上绳子后,接下来的步骤是
Quote, "They would start by clamming a big heavy iron bar down then tie your feet to it
引用 "他们开始会把大铁棍"绑在你的脚上
so you couldn't lift it, then they'd sit you up jack knife you over and tighten the er ropes around your arms.
这样你就不能动了,然后他们让你坐起来用大折刀把你翻过来然后用绳子把你的胳膊绑住
Next they'd put you through extortions to the point where they'd be pulling the rope so hard
然后他们开始勒你他们会紧紧拉住绳子
the blood circulation in the upper chest would shut off.
你的上半身血液无法流通