Er, a Tertian student walked into my office he's about 22, maybe he was a freshman
呃,有个学生走进我的办公室他22岁了,可能还是个大一学生
so he was more advanced um and had spent 5 years as an interrogator including at Belgrave,
但是他经验丰富已经当了五年的审讯员了曾在贝尔格雷夫基地工作
he was at the cleaned up Belgrave, and he, again this is from the chapter I didn't read,
当时贝尔格雷夫已经整顿过了这在我之前的没读的章节里
he gave 3 cases of, I said "do you feel like you crossed the line ever? "
他给了我三个案例我问他 "你觉得自己做了很过分的事吗?"
And this was um, er an interrogator who'd been trained in the manual
这是个审讯者,他接受的训练的根据是个手册指南
which uses harsh fear up and pride down but had said never used but had been chasten
它可是以加剧恐惧,打击自尊为原则的但他却说,从来没做过,但是却在贝尔格雷德
after Belgrade so he was well aware of, of um, what he wasn't supposed to do at this point and he cited these three examples.
后感到自责,他非常清楚自己不应该有这样的感受他举了下面三个例子
One, he had a Shia and Sunni um woman that, women that, that he was interrogating separately
他有两名女囚犯,一个是什叶派一个是逊尼派他对她们分开审讯
and one of them had asked for, desperately for some freedom from the isolation
其中一名女囚迫切地要求要从长期的单独监禁中喘口气
long periods of solitary confinement and he arranged for recreation for her
想自由活动一下所以他为这名女囚安排了休闲活动
but he paired her this was a Shia, he paired her with a Sunni,
这是名什叶派女囚所以他安排逊尼派和她一起
knowing they would never speak and that it would be just as good as solitary confinement, he felt awful.
因为他知道他们永远不会讲话这就和单独监禁一样了他感觉很糟糕
Now I say if he felt awful he's not a he doesn't have necessarily the er awful feeling of,
我想说的是他感觉糟糕他不是一定要有这种感觉
there's a book out there called "Harsh fear up", something, Harsh fear up or something like that, tortured Tony is what I've got as the,
有本书叫《恐惧来袭》像这种的极端的恐惧心理折磨托尼,就是我
I is what I can't think of his name Tony Lingorini
我觉得他的名字是,托尼?朗格芮妮
I think his name is, but he feels terrible remorse
我觉得他的名字是他感觉很懊悔
he felt like he violated something, that he exploited a trust.
她觉得自己违反了什么他利用了别人对他的信任