And so here's a case at least those are 3 cases that I have some insight um, er familiarity with that
这既是3个案例我很感触,很熟悉
I don't think um there's a stereotype of what the Muslim is doing that looks like the stoic position. Yes. Oh I'm sorry.
我不认为穆斯林所做的是种刻板定式和禁欲主义一样,不好意思
No, go right ahead. I can see your face.
没事,请继续。我能看到你
Thank you, I want to follow up on that um and say looking at this
谢谢,我要继续上一个问题如果从军方的角度
from the point of view of the military or whoever is organising the interrogation,
或者是审讯的组织方考察这个问题
um doesn't that suggest that the alliance building model from the point of view of the people
这是不是表明了建立起来的同盟关系模型从某些人的角度来看
of the people who want to extract information can be a very, um easily, it can very easily fail.
在希望获得情报的人看来非常非常,容易失败
Because if the, the alliance that's built up tips the balance for sympathy for the,
因为同盟关系一旦建立如果出于同情,同情受到迫害的受害者
for the tortured victim, then no more information is going to be...
那么就会打破平衡就获得不了情报了
Well yeah, but in fact this young interrogator says some of the toughened and
嗯,是的事实上,那位年轻的审讯员说有些意志坚韧,精神坚定的
hardened interrogators said "oh you're a victim of the Stockholm, "
审讯人员对他说"你是得了斯特格尔摩症候群"
Syndrome is what it's called, the Patty Hearst Syndrome
这是个综合征,也叫做帕蒂?赫斯特综合症
where he starts feeling for her and she starts feeling,
小伙子开始对女囚有感情,女囚也开始感觉
"oh I can protect him, I can protect him against that interrogator or interpreter
"哦,我可以保护他,我可以保护他远离那个审讯员
who doesn't really speak Arabic well, " and you know there might have been this.
那个阿拉伯语讲的并不好的女译员"情况可能是这样