But how it worked is someone randomly in the company got drawn and they got to be the king,
我们会在公司里抽签抽中的人就是王
and the king got to tell everyone else what to do on the product.
他会告诉我们他对产品的想法
So everything that was bothering them about Wufoo.
他认为Wufoo存在的问题
About the customer support stuff, or some feature they really want to have built.
客户的问题或者是其他方面需要改进的地方
They've got the engineering resources, the market resources, the advertising resources of everyone inside of the company, to make it sort of happen.
他可以使用工程师,市场部广告部等所有公司的人让他的想法付诸实现
And of course, we'd work with them to figure out like what can be actually done in 48 hours.
当然,在接下来的48个小时内我们会一起考虑如何将他的想法付诸实现
But we would do this one to two times a year.
我们一年举行一到两次
And it was like a huge hit and it was a boost to morale, cuz what people most love.
它可以增加凝聚力它可以提高员工士气
It is like working on things where it's like, oh, I made a difference to the app.
这样做会让他觉得是我用应用程序变得不一样了
Right? And so, for us, that's one way that we would like sort of divide time for like product direction.
对吧,对于我们来说这是一种平衡的方式
It's like some times the people that work for you, they have a strong opinion about where it, where it should go.
有的时候,员工会有自己的想法他们对于产品定位都有不同的建议
And it's a good way to sort of democratize it a little bit, by rotating it around.
有的时候民主一点也是很不错的让员工都参与到决策中来
Yes. You said you guys all work from home.
那位同学,您提到过,公司的员工都是在家里办公的
Usually seems like a nightmare.
这听起来像个噩梦
In that office, how do you make that work?
你们是怎样做到的呢?
Okay, so we all work from home. So, I will tell you this.
是的,我们在家里办公,我跟大家具体说一下
We all still work within the Tampa Bay area.
我们都在坦帕湾工作
We would allow anybody to work from any where but usually.
我们允许员工不在公司上班
As we tried to recruit them,they sort of meet our team, and they just decide, okay we just want to come and move here anyway.
在我们招聘的时候,会让他们到公司来,和团队会面之后他们一般都会决定搬到这里来
Remote working, is especially tricky, a lot of people like to romanticize it, especially people, who are like employees.
远程办公,其实不是件简单的事很多人都觉得这很浪漫尤其是员工
But the thing is, An office gives you a lot of, sort of, benefits, right, and efficiencies
但是现实是,在办公室里办公有很多好处,比如说效率很高
that you now have to compensate for when you remote working.
这是在家里工作所没有的
But remote working also has these other sort of efficiencies in place, for example, I don't have to worry about my employees
但是远程办公也有好处,会节省时间比如说,我无需担心
losing two hours of their day to commuting, for instance.
他们会把时间耽搁在上下班堵车的路上