Okay. So the question sort of is how do we balance this sort of thing where we wanna be obsessed with working on product.
好的。所以你的问题是如何平衡专注于产品和其他问题之间的关系
Yet. But all the other skills, and sort of tasks that are needed by a company,
如何去平衡运营一个公司所需要的其他的因素
like marketing and branding and all that stuff, and how, how we sort of balance that.
比如说市场,品牌,等等如何去平衡这些因素
And the thing is, like, it starts off as you juggling, like, tons of things constantly in the air.
如果这些因素不能平衡的话你会觉得杂乱无章,事情会变得更多
The thing is, if you're working on products, like, you should also always have this flip side as when you're talking to users.
在你专注于产品研发的同时也要关注于和客户的沟通
Right? And for us inside of Wufoo, the way we got people to talk to users is they just did customer support.
对于Wufoo来讲我们处理和用户沟通的作法就是让每个人都去做客户支持
And they got to see firsthand, right away.
这会让研发的人掌握第一手信息
Whether that feature sucked or not, and also impacted everyone else in the company, because everyone had a customer support shift.
了应用的解特性是好是坏它影响了公司所有的人因为每个人都要轮班做客户支持
So you have this sort of social incentive to sort of make everything work.
所以,这样就有社会诱因让事情变得井然有序
And so, like I said, there should be no point where you're only focused on product.
正如我所说的只关注于产品研发是不行的
You should always have time where you work on product, and then you see sort of what users say, say to you.
还要拿出时间来关注用户的反应
And you should always have this virtual, like, feedback loop on there.
还需要有反馈机制
So be careful when you don't have that.
如果你没有这样做的话就要小心了
Usually what ends up happening, if you're lucky.
通常,如果你够幸运的话
In terms of marketing and sales, like, usually my feeling is like,
在市场和销售这个问题上,我觉得
you have to spend money on marketing and advertising, all this stuff.
大家会觉得要在市场和广告宣传上有大笔开支
It's usually a tax you pay because you haven't made your product remarkable. Right?
这是发展所必须经历的代价因为此时你的产品还没有什么知名度
Word of mouth growth is the easiest kind of growth, and it's how a lot of the great companies sort of grow.
薪口相传无疑是最简单的营销方式了很多公司都用这种方法
So figure out how to wait, how to like, have a story that people want to tell.
所以你要学会如何宣传你的产品
About your product. Where they're the most interesting person at the dinner table, right?
就好比是。在酒桌上的谈资一样
And then that person is your sales person, right?
那个时候,谈论的人就变成你的"销售员"了,对吧
That person is your sales force for you. Right here.
他们为你们免费进行了宣传。你的问题是?
like, where do you find crystal clear customer or user need and the demand is there is the right solution.
有的时候,你找到了用户群体问题是正确的决策
How do you communicate with engineering and designing team to make sure that
也就是说,你如何和你的工程师、设计团队沟通
because sometimes people in the team come up with ideas,
因为有的时候意见会有分歧
and but still at the end of the day, how can you make a decision with where to go?
但是最终你如何决定发展方向呢?