Oh, so how do you make a decision on product?
哦,产品的定位问题
And communicate that with your sort of engineering team when there's like lots of different directions to go?
当有不同意见的时候如何做出决定?
My feeling is that. So for us we just looked at support.
在我看来,我觉得我会去关注客服的反馈
It was really easy cuz you often just saw what are things that people are having the most amount of problems with?
这很简单,因为关注客服的反馈你就会发现用户最迫切的需求是什么
Or people asking all the time.
用户一直问的问题是什么
You cannot help but get feature requests from people no matter like whatever opening or orifice
你需要在你的产品或应用上能让客户找到反馈的方式
you have in your product or app.
那么他们就会把需求告诉你
Like, people will like jam feature requests in there.
会有很多留言
So you're easily going to know sort of what they sort of what.
你会知道他们的需求是什么
Your job as a product person and engineer is to not just do what they say,
作为产品推广人或者是工程师你的工作不是用户让你做什么你就做什么
because that way, you'll just be a slave, is to figure out,
那样就沦为产品的奴隶了
sort of deeply, what are the reasons why underlying those things
你要能挖掘出客户真正的需求是什么
and sort of solve that deep underlying reason.
以及为什么会有这样的需求
The thing is that everyone wants to have a different way of.
每个人的作法都是不一样的
To sort of go, then ultimately it comes down to, like, someone's gonna figure something out.
但是,最终还是得有一个人做出决定
But I also make the smallest version of each little idea.
同时,要做的简单点
No longer than a week or two weeks to build it out there.
花费的时间不要超过2个星期
And you can try them out and see sort of what works and don't work.
你可以试一下,哪些有用,哪些没用
I think it's dangerous to have multiple different product directions that requires lots of time to sort of figure out.
我觉得,产品的发展方向太多是很危险的这需要大量的时间去验证每个方向的正确性
Sam. Related to that can you tell the story of how the king for a day thing Wufoo
Sam你能不能讲一下"国王一天"的故事?
Yeah. Okay. So so I don't like hackathons.
好的,事实上,我不喜欢黑客马拉松
I think they sort of suck in terms of ones done inside of companies.
我觉得整天呆在公司挺没劲的
Because. You spend like 48 hours working on something really hard
因为你花了48个小时
that you're sort of passionate about and 99% of them never make it to production right, and it's sort, sort of real like super sad.
用在你所热爱的产品上但是最终99%都没有成功这样是非常令人伤心的
So for us we like flipped it on it's head and we came up with an idea that we called king for a day and it actually worked over the weekend.
所以我们想到了一个点子我们称之为"国王一天"在周末