手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

在监狱演《莎士比亚》

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Playing Hamlet has helped me ask questions of myself that usually I would leave very deep inside.

演哈姆雷特让我触及到一些我通常埋藏在心底的问题。
I never thought I'd do anything like this: “To be, or not to be, That is the question".
我从未想过自己会做这样的事:“生存还是毁灭,这是个问题。”
Put your hands on your belly, take a deep breath in.
把手放在腹部,深呼吸。
My name is Lesley Currier. I'm the founding managing director of Marin Shakespeare Company.
我叫莱斯利· 柯丽尔。我是创立马林莎士比亚公司的总经理。
The methodology of our program is inspired by drama therapy.
我们这个项目的方案是受了戏剧疗法的启发。
It creates laughter in the room and it breaks down barriers between races, and ages, and groups.
它让房间里充满了欢声笑语,打破了种族、年龄和群体的界限。
You didn't ask that question, I wouldn't say for here lies the point.
你不会问那样的问题,我不会说这就是问题的关键。
It's very beautiful work, and we've seen a lot of transformation.
这是一项完美的工作,我们见证了很多的改变。
Most of the men in the group don't have any theater experience, and haven't studied Shakespeare before.
这个团里的大多数男人从未接触过戏剧,之前也从未学过莎士比亚。
So when we start talking about the plays, and the characters,
所以,当我们开始讨论剧本、人物,
they're just bringing their own personal life experience to the conversation.
实际上他们谈的是他们自己的人生经验。
I shall heal my broken wings!
我应该自己疗伤!
When I first came in, I thought I would never act again.
我第一次来的时候,我觉得我再也不会演了。
I attended college back in Nebraska in 1968, 69.
我1968-1969年在内布拉斯加州上的大学。
I was a co-major, theater and music.
我修的是双学位,戏剧和音乐。
When I came into prison, there is this certain demeanor that you have to establish.
进了监狱之后,你不得不养成某些行为习惯。
So in essence, I'm acting on a day to day basis. Just to survive.
所以从本质上讲,我每天都在演戏,仅仅是为了生存。
play hamlet in prison

To be able to be up on that stage, letting the true Steve come through, but in the person of the character,

能够走上舞台,展现真实的史蒂夫,虽然是以戏剧人物的形式,
that's the freedom I get, and that's what I hope comes out when I do Polonius.
就是我得到的自由,也是我希望我通过波洛尼厄斯展现的东西。
Pastoral, historical come.
田园的、历史的到来。
This role is so challenging that it makes me go through the entire gamut of emotions.
这个角色非常具有挑战性,让我经历了所有的情感。
He's so conflicted that, man, I must've pulled from every facet of my life.
他非常矛盾,天啦,我不得不参照我生活的各个方面。
I've been betrayed before, I've had my trust broken,
我曾经也被背叛过,我的信任也曾崩塌过,
I've done really horrible things to people, you know, in a rage, like Hamlet's done.
我也对别人做过非常可怕的事情,你知道的,一怒之下,就像哈姆雷特那样。
Well you may see the in-most part of you!
或许你能看到最深处的你!
What will that do? Thou will not murder me? Help! Help!
那又有何用?你就不会杀我了吗?救命啊,救命啊!
Over the years I've learned I have to give back.
这些年,我认识到我必须回报社会。
That I also have to own up and look at what I did realistically.
我也必须坦白,诚实地看待自己过去的所做作为。
I'm hoping through other things that I do, my acting, I can give something back to society.
我希望通过我所做的别的事情,我的表演,来回馈社会。
I've been able to use all of my past experience and kinda channel it into this character.
我借鉴我过去所有的人生经验,希望把它们融入这个角色当中。
I hope that playing my role, helps the other inmates here feel like they're part of the story.
我希望,通过表演,帮助这儿的其他人体会到他们也是这个故事中的一部分。
This doesn't just help me escape, this helps them escape, too.
这不仅仅能帮助我解脱,也能帮助他们解脱。
It also helps, uh, me gain a lot of empathy for, you know, what other people are going through.
还帮我对别人的经历充满了同情。
It's tearing open old wounds to try to embody this, to bring the character alive, and bring other people within the story.
它通过撕裂你的旧伤来展现这一道理,使人物生动起来,让他人进入这个故事。
It's difficult. But it's also really cathartic.
这不容易。但也很痛快。
It helps… It helps me heal.
它帮我……抚平了我的伤痛。
In this cruel world, draw thy breath and pain. To tell my story. The rest in silence.
留在这冷酷的世界,去忍痛告诉世人我的故事罢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
methodology [.meθə'dɔlədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 一套方法,方法学

 
essence ['esns]

想一想再看

n. 本质,精髓,要素,香精

 
rage [reidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 狂怒,大怒,狂暴,肆虐,风行
v. 大怒

 
director [di'rektə, dai'rektə]

想一想再看

n. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演

 
pastoral ['pɑ:stərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 田园的,宁静的,牧人的,牧师的
n.

联想记忆
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
challenging ['tʃælindʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。