We're a big group of strong women that takes risks riding motorcycles all the time in the city, which takes a set of steel ovaries, in my opinion.
我们是一大群强大的女性,我们一直冒着险在城市里骑摩托车,在我看来,我们是带着一箱钢卵巢在跑。
But, we want to help babies. Who says no to babies?
但我们想帮助婴儿,谁会忍心拒绝婴儿呢?
The club delivers processed and pasteurized donor breast milk to mothers and babies in need, both to NICUs in hospitals and to private homes.
我们俱乐部把别人捐赠的母乳处理后进行巴氏消毒,继而送给那些需要的母婴,不仅包括那些新生儿重症监护室的母婴,也包括在家的有需要的母婴。
We focus our service on women's health issues,
我们的服务主要面向女性健康问题,
so this is complete fit for what we try to do as a club.
这一点完全符合我们我们成立俱乐部的初衷。
The call for milk can come at any time. You can be anywhere.
对母乳的需求任何时候都可能有,你在哪里没关系。
We pull up to the dock at the New York Milk Bank. (Hi)
我们在纽约母乳银行停一下。(你们好)
Julie brings out the milk that's been pre-packaged in freezer bags and boxes.
朱莉把事先用冷藏袋或冷藏箱装好的母乳搬出来。
We strap it down to the motorcycles, zip away.
我们再把它们帮到摩托车上,然后送走。
When we opened up the Milk Bank,
我们刚成立母乳银行的时候,
I was actually stuck in traffic with my husband and saw a motorcycle rider illegally driving up the center lane.
有一天我和我丈夫正堵在路上,我看见一个人沿着中央车道违法骑摩托车。
And I thought why can't we use motorcyclists to deliver milk in and out of New York?
我就想,我们干嘛不用摩托车手来送纽约及周边的母乳呢?
We collect it from women that have an excess amount of milk.
我们从有剩余母乳的女性那里收集母乳。
We process it, test it, and distribute it to hospitals for premature infants and to the community at large.
经过加工、测试,再分送到医院给那些早产儿,或是分送给周围其他有需要的人。
Up, good girl. Marlowe was born four months early.
起来啦,乖女儿。马洛早产了4个月。
I brought Marlowe home after 161 days in the NICU.
马洛在新生儿重症监护室呆了161天之后我就把她带回家了。
I stopped producing breast milk.
我停止分泌母乳了。
And all of Marlowe's doctors required Marlowe to continue on breast milk,
马洛所有的医生都要求马洛继续喝母乳,
because putting her on formula would gravely endanger her life.
因为给她吃婴儿食品会严重危机她的生命。
I had to find a way to be able to give my daughter breast milk and I found donor milk.
我就不得不给我女儿找母乳,然后我就找到了捐赠的母乳。
Since then, we've been getting deliveries from the Milk Bank.
从那以后,我们一直都有收到母乳银行送来的母乳。
We get delivery once a month.
每个月来送一次。
It's 330 bottles of three ounces.
一次是330瓶3盎司装的母乳。
The sound of those motorcycles is the sound of hope.
那些摩托车的声音就是希望的声音。
Hi! They're bringing life, liquid life, for a small baby who they don't know.
(嗨!)他们给一个陌生的婴儿送来了生命,液体的生命。
Every time we give Marlowe a bottle, I start to think about what's in there.
每次我们给马洛一个瓶子,我就会想那里面是什么。
It's not just one woman's work.
这不是一个女人的努力。
I know the hard work, energy, labor, love, dedication and sacrifice that goes into every ounce.
我知道每一盎司母乳里面的努力、能量、辛苦、爱、奉献和牺牲。
We don't waste a drop around here. It's priceless.
我们一滴也不想浪费,因为它是无价的。