My stray dove, alas, where have you been?
迷路的鸽子啊!
In this sacred night I prey, prey for your ivory wings to rest on me.
我在双手合十的晚上渴望一双翅膀。
Only then could I wing my way back to the south.
飞去南方,南方。
Though it means biding farewell to the lofty mount.
尽管再也看不到无名山的高。
My dear dove from afar!
遥远的鸽子啊!
You're hasting all the way towards the origin of your nostalgia.
匆匆忙忙的飞翔,只是为了回家。
The future drags its feet, while the present tends to fleet.
明天太远,今天太短。
Yet, hypocrites are still shuttling for mere-material needs.
伪善的人来了又走,只顾吃穿。
The twenty-fifth star joined my count last night.
昨天我数到第二十五颗星星。
Signaling the years I'd spent in this city of might.
在北京第二十五个秋天的夜晚。
Here and now, I can embrace all the by gone darkness and future light.
收得下过去,也给得了未来。
Everyone keeps pirouetting in the masked ball of life.
他们在别有用心的生活里翩翩舞蹈。
While in my remaining years, the bird of freedom keeps eternally alive.
你在我后半生的城市里,长生不老。
Oh, my dear dove, no more will you need wings to fly.
鸽子啊!你再也不需要翅膀!
I would stand barefooted regardless of the rampaging snow.
明天冰雪封山的时候,我也光着双脚。
Right at the end of your arduous voyage, as if I were in my prime.
站在你翻山越岭的尽头,正当年少。
Tons of secrets are still shying away from other souls.
两千个秘密,没人知道。
Will you carol gently when spring comes and plays?
请你在春天到来的时候轻轻歌唱。
Please sing a winter ballad in those blooming days.
唱一首关于冬天的歌谣。
And let the tune linger all the way.
漫漫长长。
Oh dear dove behold!
鸽子啊!
I am always by your side on your way home.
我在你温暖的路上。