Welcome! The team at Tip Top Trading are hard at work, making plans for the launch and presentation of their latest product: the revolutionary, almost real Imperial Lemon.
欢迎!Tip Top Trading的团队成员们正在努力工作,为了推出展示最新的产品制定计划,那就是革命性的,近乎真实的皇家柠檬。
They are 'brainstorming', sharing ideas on how to make their lemon a success.
他们正在群策群力,为了能使柠檬成功推出而献计献策。
But it needs to be bright!This is much more exciting.But having three colours would work better.
但是它得亮一些!这样更有意思。但有三种颜色效果会更好。
There is a lot of disagreement going on, which is putting Anna's vocabulary to the test!
这之中有很多分歧,考验安娜词汇的时候到了!
Right, I'm taking the final decision: the colour scheme will be green and yellow, so that's that.
好吧,我来说最后的决定:配色将是绿色和黄色,就这样。
Now, the first presentation will be to er, Mr, er, Slime. Mr Lime.
第一个报告的是Slime先生。 是Lime先生。
Oh, er, Mr Lime that bit of biscuit looked like an's' – Mr Lime, thank you Annabel. Anna.
Lime先生,那一小块棕色看起来像是“s”,谢谢你,安娜贝尔。 是安娜。
Mr Lime and his team at Citrus Ventures. Ideas please!
Lime先生和他的Citrus Ventures团队。请问有什么想法!
Why don't we offer Citrus Ventures a special opening offer: 20% off Imperial Lemon orders made this month.
我们何不给Citrus Ventures一个特殊开价:本月订购皇家柠檬八折。
We could even do that for all our regular clients.That would be a big risk. No.
我们甚至可以给常客这个折扣。这太冒险了。 不对。
But if we do that once, all our clients will start asking for 20% off everything.
但如果我们这么做过一次,那么所有客户就会开始要求一切打8折。
No, I disagree.We'll be bankrupt! No, you're wrong.
不,我不同意。我们会破产! 不,你错了。
Anna, maybe you should find a better way of saying you disagree with Denise.
安娜,或许你应该用更好的方法表示你不同意丹尼斯说的。
I'm so frustrated! I can't think of the right words.
我很沮丧!我找不到合适的词表达。
It helps if you try phrases like: Well, I'm not so sure about that...then explain why.
如果你尝试这种表达会对你有帮助:我对此不确定……然后解释原因。
Or start your sentence with 'but' when you want to disagree with what has just been said.
或者当你想否定刚才说的话时以“但是”为句子开始。
Or, to seem more polite, you can try: I see your point, but actually I think... I'll try.
或者表现得更有礼貌,你可以试着说:我明白你的意思,但事实上我认为…… 我会试试的。
And don't be aggressive Anna and give your reasons too, or you'll upset Denise again!
不要咄咄逼人,安娜,并且给出你的理由,否则你又要让丹尼斯不安了!
OK.Well, I'm not so sure about that.
好的。我对此不是很确定。
I think it will improve our sales of lemons and make our clients happy.
我认为这将提升柠檬的销量,并且让我们的客户感到满意。
Happy clients will come back to buy more.Yes, that's a good point Annabe... Anna.
感到满意的客户会再来买更多的产品。是的,说的好,安娜贝……安娜。
But 20% is a lot – maybe 5% would be better.
但八折太多了,也许九五折更好。
But if we're going to make a special offer, we should make it so good that everyone will say yes!
但如果我们将要弄一个特价的话,我们应该让每个人都对它感兴趣!
But people might think there's something wrong with our lemons and that we're desperate to get rid of them.
但人们可能以为我们的柠檬有问题,所以要迫不及待的处理掉它们。
I see your point, but, if we explain this is just a special offer for special clients, they'll understand.
我明白你的意思,但是如果我们解释说这是给特殊顾客的特价,他们会明白的。
I like that idea. Good: 20% off for all regular clients just for this month.
我喜欢这个主意。很好。本月给常客八折优惠。
Anna, you'll be making the presentation to Citrus Ventures, so make sure you include that offer. Yes.
安娜,你将会给Citrus Ventures做报告,确保包括这项出价。 好的。
Right, next, what photos do we have of the lemons?
好的,下一个,关于这个柠檬,我们有什么照片?
Finding the right words to disagree in meetings isn't always easy, but Anna managed in the end.
在会议上很难找到合适的词表示不同意见,但是安娜最后做到了。
She started sentences with this short word to show that she was about to disagree with what had just been said: But...
她在句子开始用这个简单的词汇表示出她将不同意刚才说的话:但是……
And used these phrases: I'm not so sure about that......I see your point, but actually I think...
并且用了这些表达方式:我对此不确定……我明白你的意思,但事实上我认为……
The next big challenge for Anna will be her presentation to Citrus Ventures.
对于安娜来说,下一个最大的挑战将是她要给Citrus Ventures作报告。
Join us again soon to find out what happens!
下次尽快加入我们看看会发生什么!
I've got to do a good job but it's going to take me ages.
我要做好工作,但是要花好长时间。
Ah well, I had better get started otherwise I'm going to be here all night!
我最好马上开始,否则我将要整晚待在这里了!