So I've been spending a lot of time thinking about why I'm not angel investing as much lately.
我最近一直在想一个问题,就是为什么我最近的的天使投资计划没有那么多了,
I think there's a conversation there that I'd like to make a video about
我也想就这个问题录制一段视频,
to start bringing a conversation to our space about this and the title of this is that
讨论一下这方面的问题,那这段视频的名称叫做
you know, I can't code and you can't sell crap.
自欺欺人。
And it's, it's an analogy to what I think it's going on right now which is that whether you're a developer or a designer;
我觉得目前的状况就是如此,不管你是开发者还是设计师,
a CTO or maybe just an operator as a COO or a marketer as a CMO,
是首席技术官,或只是一个首席运营官,或是首席营销官,
there is a very distinct personality trait that you need to have to be a leader or a CEO,
如果你想成为领导者或是首席执行官,你的人格特征一定要非常鲜明,
or a co-founder, or an executor of a profitable business.
不管你是公司的共同创立者还是执行者,这些同样适用。
It's easy to go out and come up with a pitch and raise some money, and start a business.
拿着计划书筹钱,创办企业其实一点都不难。
It's hard to navigate through as the word continues to change.
但难的是你如何在变化的浪潮中前行,这是最难的。
And what I'm realizing and what I like to have people think about a little bit especially VCs and angels and more importantly,
但我发现,我也想让大家去思考的问题是,尤其是关于风投,天使投资等等,
22-35 year old young women and young men, they are thinking about starting an internet company or start-up or app,
但更重要的是,现在有许多22-35岁的年轻人想创立互联网公司,想创办自己的企业或是有自己的应用,
which is that there is a lot of No.2's and No.3's right now that are trying to run companies.
现如今有许多二号或三号人物想出来单干。
And that's just the truth.
这是事实。
There is a lot of players who would be amazing women, right-hand-gals or left-hand-guys,
现如今,我们有许多优秀人才,他们是公司的左膀右臂,
like just unbelievable, No.2's and No.3's that are trying to be No.1's
公司的二号或三号人物,他们想成为自己的主导,真是的不可思议。
And we're gonna see a lot and I mean, an obnoxious amount of companies going out of business, because those people,
这样的情况还有许多,因为有大量企业倒闭,就因为这些人
those individuals don't have the stomach to navigate through the waters.
没法在不断变化的市场中运作。
And there is this huge disconnect right now that everybody thinks they can be an entrepreneur
现在他们最大的问题是,他们觉得自己能成为企业家,
and the fact of the matter is I think in theory that I can be a great python developer,
但事实是,比如我非常希望能成为优秀的“python”开发者,
but I don't have the natural talent to pull it off or can never really get there.
但我没那个天赋,达不到那个程度。
I, I mean, I love to to be an NBA superstar,
就比如我希望成为NBA球星,
but no matter how much trying or effort, it's just not gonna get there.
但不管我怎么努力,我就是没有那个能力。
And so, yeah, you can try to start a couple of businesses and you think on the third time you can pull it off,
你可以尝试去创业,你会认为这第三次绝对能成功了,
but the fact of the matter is, "I can't code, and you can't sell crap"
但事实是,我觉得用自欺欺人来
really sums up how I feel about the space right now which is that
总结现在的市场特别恰当,
there's a lot of people starting businesses and they can't win.
许多人创业,但是成功的不多。
Be honest with yourself. Look inside yourself. Understand you're that No.2 or No.3;
要认清自己的能力,作为公司的二号三号人物,
that you can be the boost,the turbo-charge.
你可以成为那个加油助力的人。
There is just a lot of people right now that could make a lot more money
我们身边充斥着许多有钱人,
jumping onto an A,a No.1 instead of trying to start their own thing.
你要努力成为一号人物,而不是另起炉灶,创办新企业。
Big disconnect in the market guys, big disconnect.
差别真的很大朋友们,差别很大。