I'm taking you back into my archive for an absolute classic, perfect roast potatoes
本期视频我准备把我压箱底的100%正宗的满分烤土豆食谱分享给大家
and I've been perfecting my way of cooking them for years!
为了完善这一食谱我可是花了好多年的时间!
Perfect roast potato, I'm going to endorse the Maris Piper.
做满分烤土豆,我准备用“Maris Piper”这个品种的土豆
For consistency, this is where you want to put your bets.
这种土豆吃起来比较粉,要的就是这样的土豆
First off, I always par boil them for about 10 minutes in salted boiling water.
首先,我一般会在加了盐的开水了把这些土豆煮上10来分钟
Drain them,
沥干水分
and then a bit of a toss in the colander will fluff up the edges a bit more.
接下来在滤锅里稍微摇一摇会让土豆变得更松软
Next up your need the fat.
接下来倒油
Extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest option
初榨橄榄油是最健康的选择
and will give you lovely golden crunch.
而且会给土豆上一层金黄色
Or you could use butter for a slightly thicker, sweeter crunch.
或者你也可以用黄油,味道更酥脆,更甜
Or is you really want to go all out
又或是你想火力全开
you can use goose fat for the thickest crunch of all.
用鹅脂的口感最为酥脆
The key is, always do them in a single layer in the roasting tray
关键的是一定要把烤盘里的土豆铺成一层
and give them a good seasoning with salt and pepper.
然后用盐和胡椒粉好好地调个味
I'm going to cook this for about half hour
我准备烤30来分钟
at about 190 degrees Celsius, 375 Farenheit.
Until about lightly golden
直到土豆变得有点金灿灿的
and then I'm going to show you what to do with the masher
之后我会教你怎么用捣碎器
and that's going to make the ultimate roast potato.
用那个就可以做成最终的烤土豆
After half an hour, we're ready for some masher magic.
差不多半个小时之后,见证奇迹的时刻就要到了
So what I want to do is I want to increase the surface area the potato has on the bottom of the pan.
我想做的是,增加土豆接触烤盘的面积
So I'm going to do that by going around these and just squashing them.
我要做的就是沿着这些土豆,然后压一压就可以了
I'm telling you, give this a try and you won't regret it.
我跟你说,试试这样做,你绝对不会后悔的
Along with the maximum crunch factor, you want maximum flavour.
压出的表面积越大,做出的土豆风味越浓
And I'm adding herbs now
现在我要放一些香草
because what I've worked out is
因为我发现
that if you put them in at the beginning, yes you get good flavour,
一开始就放香草的话,是的,味道闻着是不错
but the herbs go black and they're kind of not that nice to eat.
但香草会烤焦,吃起来口感就不好
But if you put them in halfway through
但如果你在土豆半熟不熟的时候放
you get much more of a perfume of the herbs.
香草的香味会更浓
First up we've got some rosemary.
首先我们放一些迷迭香
Coat that with a drop of olive oil and a splash of vinegar.
在迷迭香上滴点儿橄榄油和醋
Bear with me.
要不要跟我打个赌
The vinegar will totally cook away
醋绝对会蒸发掉
but it's going to give the potato like a kick.
但对提升土豆的味道非常给力
And then some garlic here.
这儿还有一些蒜
This is about your personal touch so put in what you like.
这个完全看个人,喜欢放多少就放多少
You could also try thyme with garlic and bay.
也可以放百里香、蒜和月桂
Or even some sage, garlic
甚至还可以放鼠尾草
and clementine zest for another Christmassy twist.
又或是用克莱门氏小柑橘来增添点儿圣诞气氛
And then once you've done that
完成了这些步骤之后
we're going to pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes,
把土豆放回烤箱继续烤25分钟左右
或者30分钟,或者直到你满意为止
But, half an hours a good'un.
但是半个小时就差不多了
And then when you see those babies and taste em.
看着那些小宝贝儿,尝一尝
Whoo. Best, best, best roast potatoes in the world.
呼!世间最最最好吃的烤土豆
And here they are.
土豆来了
Listen. Beautifully. Look at how fluffy that is in the middle.
听,考得真漂亮!看看中间多粉
Just almost falling apart.
差点儿就要掉了
Let's have a try.
我们来尝一尝
Oh. Really good!
哇!真心不错!
Absolutely delicious.
绝对好吃
That is the perfect roast potato.
这就是满分的烤土豆
Subscribe to Food Tube.
订阅美食频道
It's free!
免费
And together we'll make it the best Christmas ever!!
我们一起来过史上最棒的圣诞节!!