If you suffer from social anxiety, you will fear certain situations.
如果你患有社交焦虑症,那么你会害怕某些场合。
This can vary from person to person. Some fear speaking in front of groups of people. Some fear meeting new people.
因人而异。有些人害怕在人群前讲话,有些人害怕与不认识的人见面。
While others fear going to parties or other types of social events.
而有些人则害怕参加聚会或其他类型的社交活动。
In whichever situation you fear arises,
不论在以上哪种情况下,你的恐惧将会增加,
you'll probably experience sweating, flushing, feeling your heart race, or other symptoms of anxiety.
你可能会出汗、脸红、心跳加快或出现其他一些焦虑症状。
One of the primary symptoms you'll feel is thinking others will judge you or find you lacking in some way.
最初能感受到的症状就是认为其他人会对你评头论足。
Not to worry, tho.
不必担心。
No matter what your symptoms are or where they hit you, there are things you can do on your own to deal with your social anxiety.
不论你出现哪种症状或是遭遇打击,我们都有办法能够应对你的社交焦虑症。
Number One: Deep muscle Relaxation.
第一:深度肌肉松弛法。
Learning to physically relax is one of the best ways to combat anxiety.
学着放松身体是对抗焦虑的好方法之一。
It's impossible to feel both relaxed and anxious.
身体不可能同时感到放松和焦虑。
For deep muscle relaxation, you will tense then relax the major muscle groups of your body,
通过深度肌肉松弛法,你可以拉紧身体然后放松身体的主要肌肉群,
beginning with your feet and working your way towards your head and face.
从你的脚开始,然后再到你的头部和面部。
Number Two: Slow breathing.
第二:放慢呼吸。
Controlling your breathing when you're anxious is another good way to deal with your emotions.
当你焦虑时控制自己的呼吸是应对情绪的另一种好方法。
When you're anxious, your breathing becomes faster and more shallow and as a result, you'll feel light-headed and dizzy, bringing on more anxiety.
当你感到焦虑时,你的呼吸会加快变浅,因此,你会感到头晕、晕眩,从而加深你的焦虑。
Learning to breathe slower and more regularly through your nose will help you calm down.
学着通过鼻子缓慢且有规律地呼吸,这样能够帮助你镇定下来。
This technique won't get rid of your anxiety, but it will help you better handle the situation you're experiencing.
虽然这种技巧不能消除你的焦虑,但是它能够帮助你更好的应对所处的情况。
Number Three: Visualization.
第三:视觉化。
The key to visualization is to remember a place where you felt safe and comfortable.
视觉化的关键在于记住一个让你感到安全且舒适的地方。
Once you remember this place, get a picture of it in your mind so clearly that you can feel, see, smell and even taste that place.
一旦你记住这个地方,就在你的脑海里清楚地想象出这个画面,一个能让你感受到、看到、闻到甚至品尝到的画面。
This takes practice and patiente.
这中方法需要训练和耐心。
Number Four: Control your thoughts.
第四:控制你的思想。
Faulty thinking is a hallmark of social anxiety.
错误的想法是社交焦虑的特点。
Believing that others are judging you and finding you faulty in some way is a majorly detrimental way of thinking that occurs,
认为其他人会对你评头论足是这种思想所造成的一种极端的有害方式,
so it is important to evaluate whether those thoughts are true.
因此,评估这些想法是否真实非常重要。
Ask yourself for proof.
向自己求证。
People with social anxiety tend to overestimate how badly others think of them.
患有社交焦虑的人易于夸大别人对自己的糟糕看法。
Keep in mind: your thoughts are only guesses about what others will think or what you will do.
记住:你的想法仅仅是对别人如何看待你的猜测。
How you think is a habit and habits can be changed.
你的思维方式是一种习惯,而习惯是可以改变的。
Number Five: face your anxiety.
第五:面对你的焦虑。
Most people with social anxiety want to hide, avoid, or run away from whatever they're scared of,
多数患社交焦虑的人都想将自己隐藏起来或躲避、逃离那些让他们感到恐惧的东西,
but by facing your anxiety instead, you'll find that is usually something tou can tolerate after a few exposures.
但是如果选择面对你的焦虑,你会发现这些令你焦虑的东西有时是可以忍受的。
However, you may want to try this on a situation that brings a relatively low level of anxiety first.
然而,你可能首先要在一个相对没有那么焦虑的场合中尝试这种方法。
When using this method, focus on what's going on around you instead of what's going through your mind.
当你使用这种方法的时候,多关注你周围发生的事情,而不是关注你自己的想法。
That should help you distract yourself from those anxious thoughts.
这样应该能够帮助分散你的注意力。
Have you found any of the discribed methods helpful?
你觉得上述这些方法有用么?
Do you use other strategies to cope with your social anxiety?
你有没有其他应对社交焦虑的方法呢?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
欢迎大家在评论下方留言分享你的方法。
If you enjoyed this video, be sure to check our website and other social media, as well as our new Patreon account.
如果你喜欢这个视频,请关注我们的网站和其他媒体平台以及我们的Patreon账户。
And don't forget to subscribe! Thanks for watching.
不要忘记订阅我们。感谢收看。