Americans defied death and hatred with love and courage.
美国人无畏牺牲,不惧死亡;他们爱护彼此,英勇无比。
This week our nation remembers all the wonderful people we have lost and all of the grace they brought into our lives and our communities.
本周,让我们共同铭记这些逝去的英勇之士,铭记他们为美国带来的荣耀。
Among the fallen were young students full of limitless potential,
他们中有前途无量的青年学子,
law enforcement personnel, a nurse, teachers dedicated to our children's future, and many others.
有执法人员,有一名护士,有育人的老师,还有许多人…
They were mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers.
他们为人母,为人父,为人兄弟姐妹,
They were husbands and wives, and sons and daughters.
为人夫妇,又或是为人子女。
They will be dearly missed, and they will never be forgotten.
他们将永远活在挚爱的思念中,此生不渝。
To all those who lost a loved one, we cannot imagine your pain, or erase your sorrow.
失去挚爱的痛,我们既无法感同身受,也无法抹去你们的悲伤。
Our hearts grieve for you. We stand with you now, and every day after.
但我们在心中默哀,未来的日子,我们会与你们同行。
And we pray that God may carry you through the anguish and sorrow.
我们祈祷,上帝会带你们走出痛苦与悲伤。
We can never fill the void of those who perished,
我们无法代替逝去之人在你心中的地位,
but we pledge to honor them by living as they would have wished
但我们得好好活着,这才对于他们遗愿的尊重
with lives full of purpose, with hearts full of love, and with hope for a better tomorrow.
让生命有意义,让内心充满爱,让明天会更好。
May God comfort the broken-hearted.
愿上帝抚慰受伤的心灵!
And may God bless the United States of America. Thank you.
愿上帝保佑美利坚!谢谢大家。