It's not a very clear distinction. However what you'll notice is you could usually relate to one or two of the 3Ms.
区别不怎么明显,但你们会注意到你们总能联系上三M中的一两个
Things that you do yourself. So beyond the lookout ask yourself: "Where do I distort the reality?
在你们行动之前先问自己:“我在哪处扭曲了事实?
Where do I have distortion in terms of evaluation? In terms of my thought?"
我在评估方面,或者想法方面哪里歪曲了事实?”
That lead to certain negative emotions that are unnecessary, because if I restore rationality I will not feel the same emotion to the same degree.
导致了某些不必要的消极情绪,因为如果我恢复理性,我就感觉不到同样程度的情感
So ask yourself when you look through the 3Ms.
所以当你们学习三个M的时候问自己
The 3Ms...essentially the 3 traps of irrational thoughts.
三个M指的是非理性想法的三个陷阱
The first one is magnifying.
第一个是放大
It's exaggerating something that happens. For example, you know induction is something very natural.
就是夸大发生的事情,比如归纳法是天生的本能
A kid sees this and will call it a stool and then they see another stool in the bar
一个孩子看到这个,会叫它凳子,然后他们在酒吧看到另一张凳子
when they go out at the age of one and then they see another stool.
当他们一岁时出去再看到另一张凳子
After they see 20 stools they begin to form a concept they induce that this is a stool.
看过20张凳子后,开始形成一个观念,认为这东西就是凳子
And now they see one even one that they have never seen before they know what it is.
现在他们看到一张,以前从没见过的凳子,他们也知道是它什么
Just like I see a person in the street whom I never encounter before I know this is a person,
就像我看见一个人在街上,以前从没见过他,我知道这是个人
because I induce from all the other events that happened before that this is also a person.
因为我从其他发生过的事件中归纳出这个也是一个人
So that's induction. That's healthy. That's important.
这就是归纳法,是健康的,重要的
That's how we develop concepts and language.
我们就是这样形成观念和语言的