But sometimes we take this too far and we over generalize. Once again,
但有时我们做得过头,归纳过度了。比如,
I did poorly on the midterm... conclusion, generalization: I'm just not smart. I just can't succeed.
我期中考成绩很差归纳为,我不聪明,我不能成功
Here is a student. Over generalization, the evaluation, the thought, irrational. Or he just said no to me.
这个学生就是归纳过度了,他的评估、他的想法是非理性的。或他拒绝了我,
Everyone is gonna say no. Instead of being realistic and saying,
因此大家都会拒绝我,而不是实事求是地说
"wow, just look around, there are so many wonderful and sensitive and caring men in 1504"
"看看周围,1504课堂上还有有很多帅哥"
So, another thing this is something we'll talk about a lot... the All or Nothing approach.
另一件事我们经常讨论的是全有或全无态度
The All or Nothing... we'll talk about it when we talk about perfectionism.
我们会在讲完美主义时讨论它
It's catastrophizing failure, not seeing failure as an opportunity, as a stepping stone but seeing it as the end of the world.
它是把失败小题大做而不是把失败当做一次机遇、一个跳板,而是视之为世界末日
I got a B as a freshman. Now I'm going to be homeless. Not finding a job ever.
我大一时得了B现在要无家可归了,永远找不到工作
All or Nothing. Either straight As or complete failure.
全有或全无,要么全是A,要么就是彻底的失败
We'll talk about that a lot.
我们会多次提及它
Because it's one of the key elements that prevents us from coping from putting ourselves on the line.
因为这是阻止我们去面对的一个关键要素阻止我们投入进去