手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

双腿残疾怎么跳伞

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Skydiving in Dubai is spectacular, it's unlike any other place I've skydived.

在迪拜跳伞是非常壮观的, 我跳过的其他任何地方都比不上迪拜。
Once I'm in the sky, it's just like I'm like anyone else.
到了天上, 就会觉得自己和别人其实没有什么区别。
My name's Jarett Martin. I'm 26 years old.
我是贾勒特·马丁,今年26岁。
I'm from Seattle, Washington, and I'm a skydiver.
我来自华盛顿的西雅图, 我是个跳伞爱好者。
My family's history is all skydiving.
我们家世世代代都是跳伞的。
My grandfather was a skydiver, which led to my father being a skydiver.
我祖父跳伞, 我父亲也就成了跳伞爱好者。
Then my sisters made a skydive.
然后是我的姐妹。
And my aunts and uncles are all skydivers.
我的姑姑和叔叔也不例外。
Of course, naturally myself.
当然了,还包括我自己。
Skydiving runs in the family.
跳伞已经融入了我们这个家族的血液。
Well I've been skydiving for over 10 years now.
嗯, 我已经跳伞10年了。
I did my first skydive with my father at age nine.
第一次跳伞是我九岁那年和父亲一起跳的。
And then I started on my solo career at age 15.
然后15岁以后我就开始自己跳了。
And I've been loving skydiving ever since.
从那以后我也一直都很喜欢跳伞。
I've been disabled for eight years.
我已经残疾八年了。
I was in a weird parachuting accident when I was 18 years old.
18岁那年发生了一次奇怪的跳伞事故
And it was a tragic accident, but I think in the end it really made me stronger,
结局挺惨的, 但我认为这次事故最终让我变得更坚强了,
and maybe even a better person, who knows.
甚至也变得更优秀了, 谁知道呢。
When I was injured, what really saved me was the family-like attributes that skydiving has with each other.
受伤的时候, 真正拯救我的是跳伞赋予我们家的那种特质吧。
And there was no time for me to be depressed.
我来不及沮丧。
There was no time for me to be sad.
也来不及伤心。
My friends and family really made it an easy transition to what would be the next chapter of my life.
我的家人和朋友帮我轻松渡过了这个这个阶段,开启了我人生的新篇章。
2

I first moved to Dubai in 2013.

我第一次搬到迪拜是2013年。
I developed some interest from Skydive Dubai and I got the opportunity to come out here full time.
是迪拜跳伞俱乐部激发了我的兴趣, 然后我得到了一个全职工作的机会。
It's quite a production for me to skydive.
对我来说, 跳伞是很大的成就。
I mean, the skydive itself of falling out of an airplane, that's easy,
我的意思是, 从飞机上跳下去很容易,
but it's all of the things that lead up to getting in the airplane
但最重要的是跳之前要上飞机,
and, you know, getting back in my wheelchair, I couldn't do it without my friends.
跳完再回到我的轮椅里这些工作,没有朋友我是做不到的。
And they're absolutely incredible.
他们绝对是最最棒的朋友。
The views from the height that we jump from,
从起跳的地方,
you can see everything.
可以看到下面的一切。
It's one of those things, you just have to try it.
风景也是跳伞的回报之一,你只需要去尝试就够了。
It's indescribable.
那个美是无法用语言来形容的。
There's been a couple of adaptations of equipment that I've had to use for me to be able to skydive.
为了跳伞,我必须对自己的装备进行一些改装。
And one of them is my leg retention device.
其中一个就是我的双腿固定装置。
It keeps my legs separated, yet it keeps them from flapping wildly out of control.
这个装置能够保持我的双腿分开, 同时避免它们失控般的晃来晃去。
The landing is one of the most-asked questions that I get.
着陆是大家最关心的问题之一。
I can't stand up my landings, like most able-bodied skydivers,
我不能站着着陆, 像大多数健全的跳伞爱好者那样,
so I just kind of do a glorified tuck and roll essentially.
我会以庆祝荣耀的姿势着陆。
It's as graceful of a landing as you can get.
这个着陆的动作可以说是要多优雅有多优雅了。
I have probably about close to 5,000 jumps total.
我一共跳了接近5000次了。
And the freedom of being able to repeat skydive after skydive while I've been in Dubai,
在迪拜有了能够反复跳伞的自由之后,
really racked up the jump numbers quite fast.
我跳伞的次数可以说是在直线上升。
When I'm in the zone, and I'm like really like doing my thing,
当我空中做我想做的事情的时候
it's nice to know that there's people that I'm helping,
很高兴知道我也能帮助到他人,
whether it be disabled people trying to get them to do whatever they think they can do.
无论是残疾的朋友想做他们认为自己能做的事还是别的。
Because if I can do skydiving, anybody can do anything.
因为如果我都能跳伞, 那任何人想做任何事都是可以的。
And whether it be someone disabled or not,
不管你身体有没有残疾,
I think it inspires everyone to push themselves to do things that they never thought was possible.
我想,我的故事能够激励大家去做他们从未想过的事情。
If you think about it, like it's some guy in a wheelchair skydiving.
试想,坐轮椅的人都能跳伞。
That doesn't seem possible.
这件事本身就不太可能。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
depressed [di'prest]

想一想再看

adj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平

联想记忆
device [di'vais]

想一想再看

n. 装置,设计,策略,设备

 
solo ['səuləu]

想一想再看

n. 独奏,独唱
adj. 单独的

联想记忆
transition [træn'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 过渡,转变

联想记忆
separated ['sepəreitid]

想一想再看

adj. 分居;分开的;不在一起生活的 v. 分开;隔开

 
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 
spectacular [spek'tækjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 壮观的,令人惊叹的
n. 惊人之举,

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。