This Great Big Story was made possible by P&G.
本期的传奇故事可能是由宝洁公司缔造的。
Love Over Bias
超越偏见的爱
I am Subhi Nahas. I am a Syrian gay refugee activist.
我是Subhi Nahas。我是叙利亚同性恋难民活动家。
Before the war, it was not safe at all for me to walk around.
在战争爆发之前,在外面抛头露面对我来说是非常危险的。
Al Qaeda come into my hometown, and they said they will apply Sharia law and cleanse the city of all, like, sodomites.
基地组织去了我的家乡,说他们要用伊斯兰教法铲除城市里所有的同性恋之类的人群。
I expected to immigrate, I did not expect to run away.
我想的是移民而不是逃走。
I am an advocate for LGBT and LGBT refugees' rights.
我是LGBT和LGBT难民权利倡导者。
When I went out from my country, I found that the peace of mind and the safety that I felt,
走出我自己的国家之后,我找到了心灵的平静和安全
I wanted everybody else to feel the same, and I want them to feel, like, safe.
我希望其他人也能够拥有这种感受,我希望他们也有安全感。
Syrian LGBT face double discrimination.
叙利亚的LGBT群体面临着双重的歧视。
You escaped to save your life; you escaped your family rejection; and then to find your true self.
你逃跑,一是为了活命,二是为了躲开家人的拒绝;然后找到真正的自我。
It is difficult to really live your life, but sometimes it's healing.
过自己真正想过的生活很难,但有时候才能改变现状。
You start to realize how bad things were, and how good they will be in the future.
你开始意识到事情有多糟糕,未来会有多好。
The Castro is a place where you can be whatever you wanna be.
卡斯特罗是一个你可以做任何你想做的事情的地方。
It may give you this courage to come out to yourself, and be who you wanna be, and the person that you're supposed to be.
它能够给你勇气,让你活出真我,成为你想成为的人以及你应该成为的人。
I always thought that home is a location, but home is where your friends are, where your love is.
我一直以为家不过是一个地方,但其实,有朋友的地方,有爱的地方才是家。
If home is not that, then I don't think I'll find it anywhere else.
如果不是这样,那我想在别处我应该也找不着家了。