This Great Big Story was made possible by P&G.
本期伟大的故事可能是由宝洁公司缔造的。
Love Over Bias
超越偏见的爱
There are articles all around the world with pronouns like he, she, it, they.
世界各地的文章都会用到“他”,“她”,“它”和“他们”之类的代名词。
A lot of people just are not quite sure what I am.
但在提到我的时候很多人都不太确定应该用哪个代词。
And honestly, a little mystery is kind of fun.
说实话,保留一丢丢的神秘感还挺好玩的。
I'm Rain Dove, and I am a model, activist, and general enjoyer of life.
我是雷恩·德芙,我是一名模特,活动家,也是一个享受生活的普通人。
So, I model as both a male and a female, or in both menswear and womenswear.
做模特的时候,我既是男模,也是女模,穿男装,也穿女装。
I worked as a male bartender.
我曾经当过男性调酒师。
I've worked as a fire fighter for a while under a male persona.
有段时间,我还以男人的身份当过消防队员。
I've done landscaping as male.
我做过男性绿化工人。
Oh, I did power-washing for a while in Long Island!
对了,我还在长岛做做过一段时间的洗车工!
I feel like every day that I do more modeling, every day that I say I'm not gonna stop doing what I'm doing,
我觉得我每天都会做更多的模特工作,每天我都说我不会停止做我正在做的事情,
it's another day in which I'm representing a community that isn't stopping what they're doing either.
这是我代表一个不会停止他们所做的事情的群体的又一个日子。
My mission is not to look fancy.
我的使命不是穿得很酷。
My mission is to show people that they belong,
我的使命是向人们展示他们能够找到归属感,
that they are beautiful, that they are handsome, that they are attractive, and that they deserve to be elevated.
他们很漂亮,很帅,很有魅力,他们值得被赞赏。
It is hard to protect yourself from being exploited and turned into a gimmick by designers who are trying something new or trying to get a bang for their buck.
要保护自己不被那些尝试新事物或者设法谋利的设计师利用,不被他们制造成噱头是很难的。
But at the same time, in a weird way, I really want to be exploited.
但奇怪的是,我想被利用。
I want somebody to say, yeah, let's try a gimmick.
我想看到有人说,好,我们来试试制造一个噱头吧。
Because I want them to see how wildly successful that gimmick is.
因为我希望他们看到这个噱头是多么多么成功。
I want them to start putting people that look like me or people that are different on the runway regularly.
我希望他们开始经常聘用我这样的人,与众不同的人。
I'm really hoping that people see that I'm not a model, I'm a movement. I'm a human and, like, that's it.
我真的希望大家能够看到,我不是一个模特,我是运动的。我是一个人,仅此而已。