Conversation A
对话A
Alex: Whose are these?
阿莱克斯:这些是谁的?
Susie: They are mine. Do you want some?
苏西:是我的。你想要一些吗?
Alex: Sure. Where did you get them?
阿莱克斯:好啊。你从哪里买的?
Susie: I went to the market yesterday.
苏西:我昨天去了市场。
Alex: They must be good apples.
阿莱克斯:这些苹果一定很好吃。
Susie: They are. But I can't use them all before they spoil. Linda wants some. If you want some, too, we can divide the box three ways.
苏西:是的。但是我在它们坏掉之前吃不完。琳达想要一些。如果你也想要一些,我们可以分成3份。
Alex: Sure, I'd like some. Thanks, Susie.
阿莱克斯:好啊,我想要一些。谢谢你,苏西。
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: Hi, Alex. Those are great socks.
罗布:嗨,阿莱克斯。那些袜子真不错。
Alex: Thanks. I got them at the new sock store.
阿莱克斯:谢谢。我是在新开的袜子店买的。
Rob: A new sock store? Where is that?
罗布:新的袜子店?在哪里?
Alex: It's about three eighths of a mile up Third Street. It's across from the bank.
阿莱克斯:在第三街上3/8英里处。就在银行对面。
Rob: I'll have to go there.
罗布:我一定得到那里去。
Alex: You should. Everything is on sale this week. If you buy one pair of socks, you get one free.
阿莱克斯:你应该去。这周所有的物品都特价。如果你买一双袜子,还会送一双的。
Rob: That's a good deal!
罗布:那很划算啊!
Conversation C
对话C
Rob: Hi, Linda. You're a little late.
罗布:嗨,琳达。你迟到了一会儿了。
Linda: I'm sorry, Rob. I needed to answer some emails. But I only finished a fraction of them.
琳达:很抱歉,罗布。我需要回复一些电子邮件。但是我只完成了一部分。
Rob: Too bad. Why was that?
罗布:太糟了。为什么?
Linda: Because people interrupted me.
琳达:因为有人打扰我。
Rob: That happens a lot around here. Well, you can finish them later.
罗布:这种情形在这里经常发生。你可以晚些时候再完成。
Linda: I know. I can finish them in about half an hour.
琳达:是啊。我大约要用半个小时来完成。
Rob: If you're not interrupted!
罗布:前提是在你不被打扰的情况下!