"I better go or I'll be late for my history class," I said.
“我该走了,否则历史课会迟到,”我说。
I picked up my backpack and put my books, notebook, and a big sandwich inside.
我拿起背包,把书、笔记本和一个大三明治放在里面。
It takes about 20 minutes to drive to California University where I was a junior.
开车去加州大学大约需要20分钟,我是加州大学的一名大三学生。
As a third-year college student, I spent a lot of time in the library studying and there was no time to come home for lunch.
作为一名大三学生,我的大部分时间都在图书馆学习,没有时间回家吃午饭。
I walked toward the front door.
我朝前门走去。
"Don't worry," I said. "If anyone can help her, you can."
“别担心,”我说。“如果有人能帮助她,那么你可以。”
Uncle Jeff looked at me with a smile on his face and said, "I'm not so sure." "I am," I said.
杰夫叔叔面带微笑地看着我说:“我不太确定。”我说:“我会帮助她”。
Uncle Jeff was an English professor before he decided to quit his job at the university to write full-time.
杰夫叔叔曾是英语教授,后来他决定辞去大学的工作成为一名全职写手。
Since he stopped teaching, though, he has helped the police solve several crimes.
自从他停止授课以来,他帮助警察侦破了几起案件。
He found the criminal—the bad guy—when the police couldn't.
他找到了警察找不到的罪犯——坏人。
He even solved a murder last month. He found out who killed a famous rock singer.
上个月他还侦破了一起谋杀案,查出杀死著名摇滚歌手的凶手。
The police had no leads and had no idea who the killer was, but my uncle figured it out.
警方没有找到线索,也查不出凶手是谁,但我叔叔找到了。
I opened the front door to go. "And Derrick, don't forget about dinner tonight.
我打开前门要走。杰夫叔叔说:“还有德里克,别忘了今晚的晚餐,
Your Aunt April will be here at 7:00 p.m.," Uncle Jeff said.
晚上7点,你艾谱莉姨妈会到这儿来。”