I rushed home after my last class ended at 6:30.
最后一节课六点半放学后,我冲回家。
There was a lot of traffic and I didn't get home until 7:10. I was late.
路上堵车,7点10分我才到家,回家晚了。
As I opened the front door of the house, I heard a woman's voice.
当我打开前门,我听到一个女人的声音。
Aunt April was already there.
爱普莉姨妈已经到家了。
Poor Uncle Jeff. It's hard to face Aunt April alone.
可怜的杰夫叔叔,一个人面对艾普莉姨妈该是怎样艰难。
She is a force of nature, a tornado or a tidal wave.
她是一股自然力量,一股龙卷风或海啸,
If you're not careful, she'll sweep you up and leave you dizzy.
一不小心就会把你弄晕。
She had her back to me and she was saying,
她背对着我说道,
"Jeff, darling, you can't go around pretending to be a policeman.
“亲爱的杰夫,你不能到处假扮警察,
It's dangerous. It's not safe for you, and it's not safe for Derrick.
这很危险,对你、对德里克都不安全。
How did you get yourself involved in that rock star's murder?
你是怎么卷入那件摇滚明星谋杀案的?
Rock stars are not nice people. I should know. I know a lot of them.
摇滚明星不是好人,我了解他们,他们中的大多数人我都认识,
They are even worse than actors. I read in the newspaper that you found the killer.
他们甚至比演员还糟糕,我看报纸上说你找到凶手了,
What if one of these crazy killers tries to kill you, or tries to kill Derrick?
如果这些疯狂的杀手中有一个想杀你,或者想杀德里克怎么办?
What would you do? How would you feel then?"
你怎么做?那时你该作何感想?”
Aunt April stopped for a minute to take a breath.
爱普莉姨妈停了一分钟,喘了口气。
I decided this was a good time to go in, before she started up again.
我觉得现在是进去的好时机,趁她还没有重新开始讲话。