In fact, it's not just about focusing on the "full half" or, the "full half". It's focusing on the 90%.
事实上,看到积极占"整整一半"还不够,看到一半还不够,要看到那90%
Because there is a lot more good than bad in our world.
因为世界上好事比坏事多得多
And it's important not just because it is a nice thing to do, not just because it makes us healthier and happier.
我们需要关注它们,不仅因为这样做是好事,不仅因为这样做能让我们更健康更幸福
It's important because focus creates reality.
还因为关注能创造现实
I mean we saw it on so many levels.
我们都明白这个道理
We saw it with the children on the bus that we didn't notice.
当我们看到公车上没人照看的小孩
We saw it when it came to Marva Collins who said "let's focus on the seed of greatness in these individuals".
当Marva Collins说以下这句话时,"我们要关注人性中伟大的种子"
We saw it with the research on resilience
我们在恢复性研究里看过
when the focus was on "why are so many failing" versus
当关注点从"为什么这么多人失败了"
"what make some individuals succeed"
转变为"为什么情况这么困难, 但有些人能成功"
despite the unfavorable circumstances.
我们就能明白这个道理
Focus creates reality. Also, think about it.
关注创造现实,大家想想
I mean when we read about frauds
当我们看到诈骗罪时
and dishonesty in newspaper constantly, what we begin to believe, what we naturally begin to believe is "well, you want to be successful?
看到报纸上经常报道的不正当行为时,我们开始相信,我们开始相信"你想成功?"
You want to become the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, like Enron? You have to engage in fraud.
你想成为财富500强的CEO?像安然那样的公司?那你就要犯诈骗罪
There is no real other way to succeed. Why?
除此以外, 没有别的成功道路了,为什么
Because the millions of other people who are succeeding honestly are not reported on, are mostly not reported on. And that's what we focus on.
因为另外那几百万个靠正当途径成功的人,没有被报道,大部分都没有被报道,我们关注的是负面
Not to say it's not important to have whistle blower and to talk about these things.
我并非说揭发者存在并不重要,报道负面新闻并不重要
It's equally important though to also focus on those who do it honestly and well, because there are vast majority, way over 90%.
但同样重要的是,我们还要关注那些正直而且成功的人,因为他们才是大多数,超过90%