"No, I don't work for the police. I'm a, eh...private detective," I answered.
“不,我不是警察,我是一名...私家侦探,”我回答。
"I just want to know where you were three days ago, in the morning. Can you just tell me that?"
“我就想知道三天前的那个早上,你在哪?”
"I don't remember. I think I was with my boyfriend," she said with a smile.
“我不记得了。好像是和男朋友在一起,”她笑着说。
"Yeah, that's right, I was with my boyfriend."
“是了,没错,我和我的男朋友在一起。”
"Can I talk to your boyfriend?"
“我能和你男朋友谈谈么?”
"No, you can't," she said, suddenly getting very angry. "Why not?" I asked.
“不行,”她突然很生气。“为什么不行?”我问。
"Because he doesn't want to talk to you!" June said. "Look, buddy, I don't have to answer your questions.
“因为他不想和你说话!”琼说。“听着,我不必回答你的问题。
Now why don't you just get out of my store?" She turned around and walked away.
现在为什么不离开我的商店?“她转身走开了。
I couldn't force her to talk to me, so I didn't try. I left the store and got back in my car.
我不能逼她告诉我,我离开了商店回到车里。
Maybe this girl was involved in the kidnapping,
或许这个女孩参与了绑架,
Maybe she and her boyfriend were trying to get even with Pardo Computers. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
或许她和她的男朋友想报复帕尔多公司。或许、或许、或许。