It was time to try a different approach. I decided to find John Costello first and talk to him.
是时候试一下其他的方法了。我决定先去找约翰·科斯特洛,和他先谈谈。
I wanted to find out why his car hit Anne's and almost killed her.
我想知道为什么他的车会撞上安妮,几乎让安妮丧命。
I knew Costello lived in Santa Monica, so I drove up the freeway and got off near Main Street.
我知道科斯特洛住在圣塔莫尼卡,所以我开上高速,在主干道下车。
I went to the address Officer Cho gave me and knocked on the door.
我去到卓警官给我的那个地址,然后敲门。
No one answered. I knocked on the apartment manager's door.
没人回应。我敲开了公寓管理人员宿舍的门。
An old woman answered. "Excuse me, Fm trying to find John Costello. He lives in number 503."
一个年长的女性打开了门。“不好意思,我想找约翰·科斯特洛,他住在503号房。”
"Mr. Costello lived-past tense-in 503. He moved out two months ago," she said.
“科斯特洛之前是住在503号房。他两个月前就搬走了,”她说。
"Do you know where he lives now or where he works," I asked.
“你知道他现在住哪么,他在哪工作,”我问。
"I don't know where he moved to, but I think he still works at the bar on 4th Street."
“我不知道她搬到哪去了,但是我想他应该还在四号街的那间酒吧工作。”
"Thanks for your help." I got back in my car and drove down to the bar.
“谢谢你的帮忙。”我回到车上,开出前往酒吧。
It was only 10:00 a.m., and already there were cars parked outside the place. Some people like to start drinking really early.
现在还是早上十点,外边就已经有车停在那里了。一些人喜欢早上喝酒。