艾琳:你捣鼓那些乐器干什么?
Dex: The guys in the band are planning a reunion. It’s time for our comeback. It will be the stuff of legends!
戴克斯:乐队里的伙计们正在计划复出。我们是时候回归了。我们将成为一代传奇!
Eileen: Aren’t you afraid of being called has- beens after all these years?
艾琳:都这么多年了,你难道不怕被人说过气儿吗?
Dex: Bite your tongue. There is a groundswell of support for this reunion and we’re not going to disappoint the fans.
戴克斯:别乱嚼舌根。支持我们复出的大有人在,当然我们也不会辜负广大粉丝们的期望。

Eileen: Groundswell? Are you referring to that local news article about one-hit wonders asking, “Where are they now?”
艾琳:大有人在?你是指当地新闻用“他们如今又身在何方?”的标题调侃那些昙花一现式的组合吗?
Dex: There was a lot of good response to my quote about our possible reunion. After a 20-year hiatus, I think fans are ready for more music from us. It should lead to a tour.
戴克斯:我宣布可能复出的言论收到很多积极的回复。沉寂了20年,我想,歌迷们已经准备好迎接我们更多的音乐作品了。也许还会进行巡回演出。
Eileen: Resurrecting your music career might be harder than you guys think.
艾琳:重返音乐生涯可能比你们想象的要难。
Dex: Stop being such a killjoy. This reunion could lead to an entire new generation of fans.
戴克斯:别扫大家的兴。这次复出可能还会吸引新一代的粉丝。
Eileen: Or you could become the laughingstock of the music world.
艾琳:或者你会成为音乐界的笑柄。
Dex: Okay, that’s enough. You’re officially out of the band.
戴克斯:行了,你真的是够了。你已经正式被乐队开除了。
Eileen: I didn’t know I was in the band.
艾琳:我都不知道自己是乐队的一员。
Dex: I had considered making you a backup singer, but I can’t deal with your negativity.
戴克斯:我曾考虑过让你当后补主唱,但我实在受不了你的消极心态了。
Eileen: Oh, poor me. I’ll never find stardom.
艾琳:那真是太可惜了。我注定跟明星无缘。
Dex: You’ve had your chance!
戴克斯:你错失了良机!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载