Amy: Put a big bag of those potato chips in the basket.
艾米:把这一大包薯片放到篮子里。
Giorgio: Have you read the nutritional label on these chips?
乔尔乔:你看薯片的营养标签了吗?
Amy: No, but look. This doesn’t have very much saturated fat, trans fat, or sodium.
艾米:没有,可是你看不含太多的饱和脂肪,反式脂肪和钠。
Giorgio: Look at the serving size. It’s three potato chips. How often do you stop at three chips?
乔尔乔:看看份量,那可是三包薯片,你隔多久就吃三包薯片?
Amy: Okay, no potato chips. I’ll get this package of cookies. There aren’t many calories or carbohydrates in these or much cholesterol or sugar either.
艾米:好,不要薯片了,我要这包饼干,不含那么多卡路里和碳水化合物,也不含太多的胆固醇和糖。
Giorgio: Look again. The serving size is one cookie. There are 40 cookies in each container.
乔尔乔:你再仔细看看,这是一包饼干,每包里有40块。
Amy: Not everything has to be healthy and good for me.
艾米:不是所有东西都得是健康的,对健康有益我才能吃。
Giorgio: No, but you have to get your protein and fiber from somewhere. If you look at the percent daily value on the things you’re eating, you’re not getting thenutrients, vitamins, and minerals your body needs.
乔尔乔:那倒不必,但是你得吃能获得蛋白质和纤维的食物。如果看一下每天吃的东西的日摄入量,你会发现并没有获得身体需要的营养,维他命和矿物质。
Amy: This isn’t all I eat. I eat other things, too.
艾米:我又不是只吃这些。我还吃别的东西。
Giorgio: Like pizza, hamburgers, and fries?
乔尔乔:比方说披萨,汉堡和炸薯条?
Amy: I might not have the best diet, but I’m healthy as a horse.
艾米:可能我的饮食不是最合理的,但是我还是身壮如牛。
Giorgio: Maybe a horse ready to be put out to pasture!
乔尔乔:可是牛也得放出去吃草啊!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载