Today, if you don't know, today is National Quiet Day.
如果大家不知道 今天是国家安静日
Sh! That was the wrong response.
嘘 你们不应该这样
You're supposed to be quiet National Quiet Day.
大家应该安安静静的 国家安静日
National Quiet Day is a day for us to take a break from all the noise in the world.
国家安静日这一天 我们可以暂时摆脱世界上的所有噪音
OK? That's why we're here today.
好吗?所以今天我们才相聚于此
It's a great idea because there's so much noise in the world.
这个想法太好了 因为世界上噪音太多
There's so much commotion on the radio, on the internet, on our phones,
录音机里 网上 手机里有太多暴乱
people who go to the movie theater and open a Werther's Original behind you.
去电影院看电影 你身后那个开Werther's Original包装的人都太吵
So I thought, instead of doing a monologue, we would honor National Quiet Day by being quiet, and sit in silence.
所以 我不说独白了 为了纪念国家安静日 我们就安安静静地坐着吧
For the next couple of minutes, let's enjoy the quiet and reflect on our lives.
接下来的几分钟 我们就好好享受安静 追忆过往
Ready? Let's all be quiet in three, two-- one quick thing before we start.
准备好了吗?我们都要安静哦 3 2 开始前再说个事儿
I don't mean whispering, I don't mean anything like, oh, why is she doing this?
我可不是指耳语 也不能悄悄说 哦 她为什么要这样
I don't-- nothing, just quiet.
什么都不能说 要非常安静
I want it to be so quiet that you can hear a pin drop.
我想要屋子里安静到能听到针掉落的声音
And I'm going to do it. People say that and then they don't drop a pin.
说干就干 人们经常这么说却从来不扔针
So I'm going to do it.
所以我要这么做
Couldn't hear that.
听不到
I thought I would, but because you are being quiet-- and I appreciate that.
我还以为能听见呢 因为大家很安静 谢谢你们
But now-- I don't know where it is.
可现在 不知道针掉哪里了
That's dangerous. Somebody's going to step on that.
太危险了 会有人踩上去的
So while we're being quiet, I want us to be quiet like-- quiet as a mouse.
我们安静的时候 我希望大家能像老鼠一样安静
Which is an expression-- quiet as a mouse.
这是个表达 鸦雀无声
But I don't know why they say that because mice aren't quiet.
不知道为啥这么说 因为老鼠一点都不安静啊
When they're eating their little nuts or whatever mice eat.
它们吃小坚果的时候 或者吃任何东西的时候
You know? There's other animals that are quiet.
知道吧 还有其他动物比较安静
There are-- like, a kitten. When a kitten eats it's quiet.
比如 喵星人 小猫吃东西的时候很安静
Fish aren't exactly loud. So you have-- any-- any-- animal.
鱼的声音也不大 所以 任何 任何动物
Pick an animal that's your quiet animal and be quiet everybody.
选一个你的安静动物 然后保持安静 各位
Honestly, you're distracting me the way you're just staring at me and laughing.
其实 你们盯着我笑的样子让我分心了
OK. All right, so shh, OK. Well, we're out of time. All right, so.
好 好吧 嘘 好 额 快没时间了 好