Uncle Jeff and I talked over the interview in the car.
杰夫叔叔和我在车里谈了谈这次见面。
We agreed that we only had Diana Marcelo's word that the affair was over.
我们一致认为,我们只是从戴安娜·马塞洛口中得知这段恋情结束了。
And she didn't have an alibi.
她没有不在场证明。
There was no one who could say whether or not she was at home yesterday afternoon.
谁也没办法证明她昨天下午在不在家。
We also needed to find out if her husband was really out of town.
我们还需要弄清楚她丈夫是不是真的不在城里。
Uncle Jeff dropped me at my friend Eddie's apartment.
杰夫叔叔把我送到朋友埃迪的公寓。
I had promised a long time ago that I would help him move.
我很久以前就答应过他要帮他搬家。
I would have much rather stayed with Uncle Jeff to keep working on the case, but a promise is a promise.
我宁愿和杰夫叔叔一起继续办案,但承诺了就得做到。
I couldn't let him down.
我不能让他失望。
After moving furniture and boxes for four hours, I got home at 4:30, exhausted and too tired to move.
搬了四个小时的家具和箱子,四点半回到家已经筋疲力尽。
But I managed to take a quick shower. Then I laid down on the couch.
我洗了个澡,然后躺在沙发上。
I only meant to rest for a few minutes, but when I opened my eyes, it was already 7:15.
我只想休息几分钟,但当我睁开眼睛的时候,已经7:15了。
Uncle Jeff still wasn't home.
杰夫叔叔仍然没有回来。
I decided not to wait for him to eat dinner.
我决定先吃晚饭,不等他了。
I heated up some leftovers that were in the refrigerator and when I sat down to eat, I heard Uncle Jeff's car in the driveway.
我把冰箱里的剩菜热了热,当我坐下吃饭时,我听见杰夫叔叔停车的声音。