The morning after the balloon had gone up with Oz, the four travelers met in the Throne Room and talked matters over.
就在奥芝乘坐着轻气球,飞升去了的那个早晨,四个旅行者聚集在宫殿里,讨论事情。
The Scarecrow sat in the big throne and the others stood respectfully before him.
稻草人坐在伟大的宝座上,其它三个的很恭敬地站在他的面前。
"We are not so unlucky," said the new ruler,
新的国王说:“我们真的很幸运,
"for this Palace and the Emerald City belong to us, and we can do just as we please.
因为这个宫殿和这个翡翠城,都是我们的了,我们能做我们喜欢做的事。
When I remember that a short time ago I was up on a pole in a farmer's cornfield,
我当然没有忘记从前,我被吊在农民的稻田中的竹竿上面,
and that now I am the ruler of this beautiful City, I am quite satisfied with my lot."
现在,我却是这个绿色的城市的统治者了,我非常满足这样的生活。”
"I also," said the Tin Woodman, "am well-pleased with my new heart;
“我也是,”铁皮人说,“我喜欢我那颗新的心;
and, really, that was the only thing I wished in all the world."
真的,在整个世界上,我唯一看重的东西。”
"For my part, I am content in knowing I am as brave as any beast that ever lived, if not braver," said the Lion modestly.
“至于我,只要知道我和所有活着的野兽相比,哪怕不是最勇敢的,只是一个勇敢者,我便满足了,”狮子谦逊地说。
"If Dorothy would only be contented to live in the Emerald City," continued the Scarecrow, "we might all be happy together."
稻草人继续说:“如果多萝茜也愿意住在翡翠城中,我们四个就能一块儿快快活活生活了。”
"But I don't want to live here," CRIed Dorothy.
“可我不愿意住在这里,”多萝茜叫着说,
"I want to go to Kansas, and live with Aunt Em and Uncle Henry."
“我想回堪萨斯州去,和爱姆婶婶、亨利叔叔住在一块儿。”
"Well, then, what can be done?" inquired the Woodman.
“唔,那么,有什么办法呢?”铁皮人问。