Besides, Dorothy will need someone to protect her."
而且,多萝茜应该有人保护。”
"That is true," agreed the Woodman. "My axe may be of service to her; so I also will go with her to the Land of the South."
“那倒是真的,”铁皮人同意地说。“我的斧头也许可以帮助她,所以我也和她一同去南方的国土。”
"When shall we start?" asked the Scarecrow.
稻草人问:“我们什么时候出发?”
"Are you going?" they asked, in surprise.
他们惊奇地问:“我们?”
"Certainly. If it wasn't for Dorothy I should never have had brains.
“我当然要去。如果不是多萝茜,我也不会得到脑子。
She lifted me from the pole in the cornfield and brought me to the Emerald City.
是她从稻田里的竹竿上救了我,带我到了翡翠城,
So my good luck is all due to her,
所以我的好运道完全是她带给我的,
and I shall never leave her until she starts back to Kansas for good and all."
在她回到堪萨斯州以前,我将永远不离开她。”
"Thank you," said Dorothy gratefully.
“谢谢你们,”多萝茜十分感激地说。
"You are all very kind to me. But I should like to start as soon as possible."
“你们待我太好了,但是我希望我们立刻出发。”
"We shall go tomorrow morning," returned the Scarecrow.
“明天早晨就出发,”稻草人回答说。”
"So now let us all get ready, for it will be a long journey."
“以现在开始准备,因为这也是一次长途跋涉。”