In order to change habit, in order to bring about lasting change,
为了能改变习惯,产生永久性的变化
we need to have as much of a solid approach as much, um, force in the intervention.
我们不仅需要一种稳定的变化模式也同样需要一种外部介入的力量
It's not just enough to focus on the emotions. It's not just enough to focus on action.
仅仅把注意力放在情感上是不够的,放在行动上也是不够的
It's not enough just to focus on our thinking.
放在思维上也是不够的
We want to focus on the three. The A, the B and the C.
我们要对三元素同时下功夫。A B和C三元素
It's... Think about it. It's like a habit can be looked as a flood.
大家可以想想看,就好象,我们把习惯看成一股洪流
There's flood in our mind of certain neurons firing in certain neuron pathway.
一股我们思维的洪流,这股洪流是由来自不同通路的神经元构成的
And what we want to do is to overcome this flood. And to overcome this flood we need as much force as we can,
我们现在要做的是对抗这股洪流。为了做到这点,我们需要足够大的外力
therefore we want to use as many approaches as we can.
因此我们要尝试尽可能多的方法
Before we jump into the A, one more thing — what do we want to change?
在我们讲A元素之前,我再问一个问题,我们想改变什么
What can we change? And what can we not change?
我们能改变什么?不能改变什么
So according to researchers led by the lights of Sonja Lyubomirsky, Ed Diener,
以柳博米尔斯基·迪纳等人为首的研究者宣称
happiness comprises... as we're to explain an individual's happiness, we need to look at the three factors. The first factor
快乐是由三部分构成的,在我们试图分析一个人的幸福感时,我们需要研究三个因素。第一个因素
is the genetic set range, not genetic set point, it's a range. We're all born with certain predisposition toward happiness and well-being.
是遗传排列,不是遗传点,而是排列。我们都生来具备一些特定的快乐和健康倾向性体质
Some people are born more with... you know the smiley face with the smiley spoon in their mouth; others less so.
有些人生来就是一张笑脸,嘴里含着"笑汤匙",另一些人则不然
And we're all somewhere on this, you know bell curve, some people luckier than others.
我们都排列在这条钟形曲线上,有些人注定比其他人更幸运