So what he's saying here is that these effects can have consequences beyond just the peak experience
所以他的意思是说,如果我们做一些事后跟进的工作,那么会产生一些具有
if we do certain thing such as follow up on it.
影响力的效果,而不仅仅是高峰体验
William James in The Varieties of Religious Experiences talks about such moments that change lives and how they change lives.
威廉·詹姆斯在《宗教经验多样化》一书中谈到改变人生的时刻,以及它们怎样改变人生
Peak experience can quite literally lead to a new brain order.
高峰体验可以创造新的大脑结构
And again the jury still out on the research. But there's more and more suggestions. And we'll talk about it next time as well
虽然相关问题仍待研究。但已有越来越多的迹象显示这是有迹可寻的,
that show that there is something there, that it can be the positive equivalent of a trauma if we know what we do, to do with it.
如果我们知道该怎么做,高峰体验可以产生和创伤相对应的正面效应,下次我们会详细讲这部分的内容
And here's the important issue.
现在我们要说一个很关键的问题
The question is first do we experience peak experiences and experience more of them?
首先,我们会有高峰体验吗?我们能有更多的高峰体验吗
And second, after we experience peak experience, how can we make it more likely that we enjoy PPEO?
其次,在我们经历了高峰体验之后我们怎样做才能获得高峰体验后通路
Because just like not everyone after a trauma experience PTSD.
因为正如同,并不是所有人都会经历创伤后应激障碍
In fact, the majority don't. Just in the same way, most people don't experience PPEO after a peak experience.
事实上大部分人没有,同样,大部分人在高峰体验过后
How do you increase the likelihood, first of increasing peak experience
并未获得高峰体验后通路怎样增加,首先是高峰体验发生的概率
and second of increasing the likelihood of post peak experience order.
其次是高峰体验后通路的概率
So to enhance peak experience, just very briefly because essentially the course is about that.
因此,怎么增强高峰体验,这堂课基本上讲的就是关于这个内容
So I'm gonna just throw out a few ideas that we've talked about and some that we'll talk about.
现在我要讲几个概念,当中有我们以前讲过的,也有之后要讲的
First, permission to be human. Acceptance, accepting emotions. Why?
首先,全然为人,接纳,接纳你的情绪。为什么呢
Because if we don't accept painful emotions,
因为如果我们不能接受
if we don't give ourselves permission to be human, we're blocking our emotional pathways.
痛苦的情绪,如果我们不能让自己全然为人的,我们就阻断了自己的情绪通路