And positive emotions and painful emotions often flow through the same emotional pathways.
而所有积极和痛苦的情绪都流动于同一条情绪通路
And when we're limiting one, we're very often limiting the other.
当我们限制其一的时候,我们也限制了另一方
So if we open up the pathways, give ourselves the permission to be human
因此如果我们开启通路,接受自己全然为人
and give ourselves the permission to cry when we're sad or ecstatic.
无论是出于悲伤或极度的喜悦,允许自己哭泣
That very often opens up, makes it more likely that we experience positive emotions as well
我们就能开启通路让自己更容易感受到积极的情绪
Paradoxical, but this is the paradox of the permission to be human.
看似矛盾,但这就是全然为人的隽语
When we give ourselves permission to experience painful emotions, we're more likely to experience the positive emotions.
当我们允许自己感受痛苦的情绪,我们就会更容易感受到积极的情绪
Mindfulness, being present.
还有就是专注力,感受当下
Lot of time when we are listening to music, for example, really listening to music,
举个例子,很多时候,当我们听音乐就是全神贯注的听音乐的时候
not just having it as background while text messaging, doing homework, and talking to our friends. But when we really listen to
不是放着背景音乐,在一边发短信,做功课和朋友聊天。而是全神贯注的听
music that we love, very often we have a peak experience being present.
我们喜欢的音乐,很多时候,我们会有临场的高峰体验
According to Maslow's research, these are two of the most likely, most likely areas where we can experience the peak experience.
根据马斯洛的理论,这两个条件能令我们最可能获得高峰体验
And by the way this I believe is, is innate.
顺便说一下,我相信这也是一种天赋
You know even I see with, with Sherio, my one year old daughter.
我从我一岁的女儿谢里奥身上看到了
You know when there is music, when we dance, she laughs.
这种天赋,每当音乐响起,我们随之起舞
This is not something we taught her.
她就会开心的笑,这不是我们教她的
We were born with, with this inclination for music and dance. We need to take time for that.
人对音乐和舞蹈的爱好是天生的。我们需要花时间去发掘这种天赋
Having a meaningful goal. When we're on purpose, when we're doing things that we love to do,
制定一个有意义的目标,当我们有所追求,做自己爱做的事情
when what we are, we are doing is meaningful and significant to us, we're much more likely to experience peak experiences.
做自己觉得有意义,重要的事情,我们更容易获得高峰体验