Thank you so much for being here.
谢谢大家的到来
Thanks for everything you did to get here.
感谢大家不辞辛苦
Boy, it is raining a lot outside.
天哪 外面下好大的雨
They say we're in the middle of an El Nino, which is Spanish for a six-hour commute.
他们说我们遇到了厄尔尼诺现象 这是西语 意思是“六小时通勤”
There were garbage cans that had flown all over the place.
街上到处漂着垃圾罐
It's like-- you park your car on the street, and the water's hitting it and becoming like a huge fountain.
你把车停在那儿 四周的水不停冲击着车 像个大喷泉一样
It's crazy out there.
太疯狂了
Luckily you don't have to go out in the rain tonight.
幸运的是 大家今晚不需要淋雨了
You can stay inside and watch my brand new episode of Game of Games on NBC.
大家可以在家里看NBC播出的我新的一集“游戏之王”了
People always ask me who comes up with these games. Whose idea is it.
总有人问我是谁想出来这些游戏的 到底是谁的主意
And it's the same people who work on this show.
跟这个节目的幕后工作人员是同一批人
And they're very nice people. Obviously deeply, deeply troubled inside.
他们特别好 但也很明显 内心深深地受到了困扰
What we did is, you know we play games all the time.
大家知道 这个节目上一直都有游戏
We've always played games since the beginning of the first season.
从第一季开始我们就有玩游戏
We've been doing the show 16 seasons.
这个节目已经做了16季了
So we only took the best games from this show to play on Game of Games.
我们只会把这个节目上最好的游戏拿去在“游戏之王”里玩
Today I thought we would look back on some games that didn't quite make it.
今天 我们来回顾一些没能被选中的游戏
This first game was a game we played in season 6 called Donuts for Dough.
第一个游戏是我们在第6季里玩的 叫“Donuts for Dough”
It combined giant inner tubes and a tiny donut on a fishing pole.
包含大内胎和小甜甜圈 还有钓鱼竿
And if it sounds stupid it's because it was.
如果听起来很傻 是因为它确实傻
And you can tell I thought it was stupid because I said it before we even played the game.
大家能看出来我觉得这很傻 因为我在玩游戏前就说了
It's time for a stupid, dumb new game we call Donuts for Dough. Go.
我们要玩一个很傻的新游戏 叫“Donuts for Dough” 开始
No, no hands. No hands. Hold on.
不行 不能用手 不能用手 等一下
Stupid game.
蠢游戏
Season 6 was the year I wore my hair helmet.
第六季那一年我还戴着头发头盔呢
I would just slip it on in the morning.
每天早上一套就行了
You can tell that clip is old because people were still willing to eat gluten.
大家能看出来那个视频很老 因为那时候人们还愿意吃面筋呢
That's how far back that was.
就有那么古老
So that still was not the stupidest game that we played because then we played something called Norwegian Nosedive.
那还不是最蠢的游戏 因为后来我们又玩了“Norwegian Nosedive”
It was like twister without the dots.
就像是没有点的扭扭乐(一种游戏)
I told two strangers-- and that's the important thing to watch here--
我告诉两个陌生人 这是重点
two strangers what parts of their bodies were allowed to touch the floor.
两个陌生人 他们身体的哪一部分可以接触地面
And they had to race to do it.
他们必须比赛尽快做到
And this is what that looked like.
画面就是这样
Two feet, an ear, two thumbs, and a knee. Two feet, an ear, two thumbs--
两只脚 一个耳朵 两个拇指 一个膝盖 两只脚 一个耳朵 两个拇指
And a knee. Lift your feet up. Two-- An ear, and a thumb.
还有一个膝盖 把脚抬起来 两个 一个耳朵 一个拇指
We got it! We got it! You got it? All right, well.
我们可以的 可以的 可以吗?好
And you know, those two are happily married now, so that's good.
这俩现在幸福的结婚了 很好
Fortunately, the games on my Game of Games are fantastic,
好在“游戏之王”里面的游戏都很棒
like the game Dizzy Dash that combines trivia with the feeling of being fall-down drunk.
比如这个“眩晕冲刺” 结合了智力问答和醉酒跌倒的感觉
And this is what happens on tonight's episode. Here we go.
今晚这一集会有如下这一幕 开始
What exercise uses an indoor stationary bike and an enthusiastic instructor. Spin them.
什么运动需要一辆室内固定的自行车和一名热情的教员 旋转
Spin class. Spin class is right, Brenton. Step up.
旋转训练课程 旋转训练课程答对了 Brenton 上来
All right, tonight's episode is so good.
好 今晚这一集超精彩
And you can see the whole thing at 8:00 tonight on NBC.
今晚8:00在NBC可以看到全集