手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

发明之路 如何用手机帮低头族预防交通事故?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This Great Big Story is by IBM.

感谢IBM对本期《伟大的故事》的大力支持。
Traffic accidents (are) one of the biggest killers in the world.
交通事故是世界上最大的杀手之一。
People are always surrounded by risk.
人们经常都处在风险的包围之中。
Meet Kommy Weldemariam.
这位是科米·沃登马里亚姆。
A celebrated IBM computer scientist and Africa's first master inventer.
他是著名的IBM计算机科学家,也是非洲第一位杰出的发明大师。
To me, a good computer scientist uses algorithms and techniques to solve real world problems.
对我来说,一个好的计算机科学家是会用算法和技术来解决现实世界的问题的。
The first law is: Learn from the environment.
第一条定律是:了解身边的环境。
And the second is: Adampt to the context where you live in.
第二条是:将你学到的知识应用到你生活的环境里。
This is downtown Nairobi.
这里是内罗毕的市中心。
People use their phones for everything.
人们做什么事情都用用到手机。
The chaotic nature of Nairobi usually leads to hazardous situations.
内罗毕的混乱经常会引发危险的局面。
I was always somewhere in Nairobi having a coffee in the morning.
上午的时候,我经常会坐在内罗毕的某个地方喝咖啡。
I saw that people are always just concentrating on their phone.
然后我看到大家都是盯着手机的。
This lady was on her phone.
有一次,一位女士玩手机的时候。
The car was coming in the wrong direction.
一辆逆行的车朝她开了过去。
I was trying to yell and shout.
当时我想大喊一声提醒她。
The car hit her.
但车还是撞到了她。
I feel sad.
我感到很难过。
And I came back and said, "Can we do something to prevent such accidents?"
回来之后我就想,“我们要怎么做才能预防这类事故呢?”
This is the smartphone safety system for pedestrians.
这是智能手机行人安全系统。
Here is how the system works:
以下是该系统的工作原理:
You have more than 65 sensors in your smartphone.
我们会往智能手机里置入超65个传感器。

2

You have the GPS sensors, accelerometers, motion sensors.

有GPS传感器,加速度传感器,运动传感器。
The phone knows how fast you are typing or walking or talking.
手机能知道你打字、走路或说话的速度。
It also knows whether you are walking in a dangerous neighborhood, or a faulty staircase.
还能知道你是不是行走在一个危险的街区,或者有故障的楼梯上。
Your phone is a sensor; your phone is a data generator; your phone is a data collector.
手机既是一个传感器;也是一个数据生成器;还是一个数据收集器。
And also, your phone is an application.
还是一个应用程序。
The software in the phone--Kommy's system--analyzes the data to understand the context,
这款手机软件——名为“科米系统”——能通过分析数据来理解当下的情形,
calculate risk and warn the user of danger.
计算风险并向用户发出危险警告。
This is just one of a hundred patents Kommy has filed for IBM in his young career.
这还只是年轻有为的科米为IBM申请的100项专利中的一项专利。
This is the only industrial research lab in the continent.
这是非洲大陆唯一的工业研究实验室。
We address problems across Africa.
非洲各地的问题我们都会研究。
One thing I find very unique in IBM is the diverse and detailed nature of the company.
我发现IBM非常独特的一个地方就是它的多样性和对细节的追求。
The expertise and the mentorship, and the environment that encourages intellectual freedom.
还有它的专业性和师徒制度以及它鼓励知识自由的氛围。
I am always curious. I always want to understand.
我时常都有一颗好奇心。我总是想把事情弄个明白。
I just grab my coffee and sit outside, and I start thinking:
端着咖啡坐在外面,我就会开始想:
What would be the next invention?
接下来发明点儿什么好呢?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
calculate ['kælkjuleit]

想一想再看

v. 计算,估计,核算,计划,认为

 
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
generator ['dʒenəreitə]

想一想再看

n. 发电机,发生器

联想记忆
context ['kɔntekst]

想一想再看

n. 上下文,环境,背景

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
celebrated ['selibreitid]

想一想再看

adj. 著名的,声誉卓著的 动词celebrate的过

联想记忆
diverse [dai'və:s]

想一想再看

adj. 不同的,多种多样的

联想记忆
yell [jel]

想一想再看

v. 大叫
n. 大喊

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。