And I cognitively reconstructed it.
然后我对它进行了认知重建
I said, OK. It's anxiety inducing, permission to be human experience, but let's look at it as a challenge.
我说:好吧,这确实让人很焦虑,准许自己为人,把它当成一次挑战
That I have this wonderful opportunity to speak to such a great company, such wonderful people.
我有这么好的机会能和这么棒的公司,这么棒的人对话
I'm going to make the best of it. Turned it from a threat into a challenge, into opportunity.
我一定得好好珍惜,将它从威胁转化为挑战,转化为机会
And that made a big difference in my approach to it.
这对我起到了极大的影响
Think about as in your life. What is it? Is it a play you want to try out for?
想想你们自己,有没有这样的事,是你要打的一场比赛吗?
Is it someone you want to ask out? Is it speaking up in section?
是你想约出去的人吗,是在公众面前说话吗
This is a study those who take Psych 1 or Psych 15 have encountered that, the work of Schachter & Singer, back in early 60s.
这有个学心理学1或者心理学15的同学会学到的研究,由沙赫特和辛格尔在60年代早期做的
Today it would never be able to get this past the ethics committee.
今天伦理道德委员会肯定不会批准的
Just like Milgram wouldn't be able to get his study passed. Here was what they did.
就像米尔格拉姆的研究肯定不会被批准一样。他们所做的实验如下
So they brought people into the experiment and injected them with epinephrine.
他们让人们参与实验,给他们注射肾上腺素
Epinephrine arouses the body. It... shots of adrenaline.
肾上腺素可以使机体兴奋。注射肾上腺素
But they thought it was just vitamin C. They didn't know it's epinephrine.
但受试者以为打的只是维生素C,他们不知道这是肾上腺素
And then they were sitting in the experiment, waiting again for the "real" experiment.
然后他们就坐着等待“真正的”实验
They were sitting in the waiting room.
他们坐在休息室里
And while they were sitting they were asked to fill out a questionnaire. Now remember, they just got a shot of adrenaline,
正当他们等着时,试验者要求他们填一份调查问卷。记住他们刚被注射了肾上腺素
but they didn't know they got a shot of adrenaline.
但他们并不知道被注射了肾上腺素
So they were sitting, filling in a questionnaire.
于是他们就坐着填调查问卷
And in the first condition, the questionnaire had very provocative questions, to say the least.
在第一种条件下,问卷里有很刺激性的题目,可以这样说
For example, one of these questions was so how many men did your mom sleep with before she got married to your dad?
比如说,其中有一道是这样的:你妈妈和你爸爸结婚前和多少男人上过床