Very often people think it's gonna be funny and then they realize it's not really.
人们常常以为用蔬菜当乐器很有趣,后来发现其实并不是那么回事。
We really do music, it's not impossible to make music with vegetables.
做音乐我们是认真的,用蔬菜当乐器也并非全无可能。
My name is Susanna Gartmayer and I'm a member of the Vegetable Orchestra.
我叫苏珊娜·加特迈尔,是蔬菜管弦乐团的成员之一。
The orchestra exists since 18 years now.
我们乐团已经有18年历史了。
The first instrument was the tomato because you can do sound with tomatoes but it will be messy, for sure.
我们选用的第一件蔬菜乐器是西红柿,因为西红柿可以发出声音,只是场面少不了会比较混乱。
We go shopping on the market first.
第一步是去市场买菜。
We choose all the vegetables there.
每一种蔬菜我们都会买。
We have three kinds of instruments.
我们的蔬菜乐器可以分为三大类。
One is the ready-made, you can just buy it at the market and play it.
一种是现成的,从市场上买过来就能直接用的。
It's like the pepper, it's called, no?
比如辣椒,是这么说的吧?
It's ready already.
这就已经准备好了。
And then there’re just simple instruments like with one cut or some cuts.
一种是只需简单处理就能用的(乐器),比如切个几刀就能用的这种。
We get it like that.
切成这样就可以了。
Then with the more complex instruments, we have some that work like normal instruments, you know,
最后是比较复杂的,有一些蔬菜能像真正的乐器那样演奏,
the pumpkin is the bass drum and the sound of the pumpkin is really important. Good.
比如,南瓜可以做成大鼓,南瓜的声音是乐团中非常关键的一个声音。很好。
After shopping we go to the venue and start to build instruments.
菜买好之后我们就去工作室开始制作乐器。
All in all, it takes two to three hours to build all the instruments for everybody.
总的来说,准备好所有人的乐器需要两到三个小时的时间。
And then we start with the sound check.
接下来是试音。
And since we have new instruments each time, we have to have a very long sound check.
因为我们每次演奏使用的乐器都是新的,所以试音花掉了我们很长一部分时间。
We have a lot of different musical influences in the orchestra.
我们乐团内部不同的声音非常多。
Since we're really many people, everybody's interested in different things.
因为我们乐团人很多,每个人感兴趣的东西又都不一样。
We make a soup during the building process of the vegetable instruments with the remaining vegetables
制作乐器的时候我们会把剩下的材料做成一锅汤,
and we serve it to the audience after the concert.
等演奏结束之后请观众们品尝。
And it's also after hearing and seeing us and smelling the vegetables,
大家能够亲眼看到我们,听到我们演奏,还能闻到那些蔬菜乐器的味道,
which will be intense in there because it's so small, this theater and then you can also eat it.
印象就会非常深刻,因为我们都是小范围地演奏,听完了还能吃。
You never get it out of your head anymore if you're in the orchestra to look vegetables in another way.
一旦你来听了我们乐团的演奏,对蔬菜有了新的认知,那种认知就会一直跟随着你挥之不去。