My point is I should not have been in that scene; I shouldn't come back.
我要说的是,我不该出现在那个场景里,我不该回去。
I should have exited screen left and never come back.
我应该从屏幕的左边退场,不再返回。
But back then, making my first film, getting invited back to the set,
但在当时,那是我的第一部电影,被邀请返回片场,
cashing that check and having a ball, I wanted more screen time.
兑现那张支票,举办舞会,我想要拍更多的镜头。
I wanted to be in the scene longer and more and come back into the scene, right?
我想在电影场景里多待会儿,想要返回到里面。
But I shouldn't have been there: Wooderson shouldn't have been there.
但我本不该在那儿:伍德森本不该在那儿。
It is just as important where we are not as it is where we are.
我们不在的地方和我们所在的地方同样重要。
The first step that leads to our identity in life is usually not "I know who I am."
要确定我们在生活中的身份,首先要做的通常不是“我知道我是谁”。
I know who I am. That's not the first step.
我知道我是谁,那不是第一步。
The first step's usually "I know who I am not." Process of elimination.
第一步通常是“我知道我不是谁”。这是一个不断清减的过程。
Defining ourselves by what we are not is the first step that leads us to really knowing who we are.
根据我们不是谁来定义我们自己,这是引导我们真正了解我们是谁的第一步。