Every day I'll double the amount made the day before.
就这样每天我都给你前一天的2倍。
At the end of one month you're out of a job. What do you say?
直到月末你的工作结束。你觉得如何?
Do you take the offer?
你接受这个提议吗?
No, of course not. Who would work for pennies?
不,我拒绝。谁会在乎这几分钱?
That's a shame, because you're not realizing how numbers work.
太遗憾了,因为你没有意识到这些数字是如何积累的。
When a number continually doubles itself we say it is "increasing geometrically."
当一个数字本身不断翻倍,我们通常说其以几何数字增长。
That means the larger the number becomes, the faster it rises with each additional day.
这意味着数字越大,每一天的额外增长就越快。
How much would you guess you would earn just on the last day of the month?
你猜在月底最后一天你会赚多少钱?
Um...ten bucks?
这个…十块钱?
Over ten million dollars!
超过一千万美元!
Ten million dollars? Starting from a penny!?!
你说一千万美元?从一分钱开始?
That's geometric increase.
几何增长嘛。
Hmmm...do I get health insurance too?
那个…是不是也能给我上健康保险啊?
译文来自可可英语