I surveyed him.
我细细打量着他。
It seemed I had found a brother: one I could be proud of, -- one I could love;
我似乎发现了一个哥哥,一个值得我骄傲的人,一个我可以爱的人。
and two sisters, whose qualities were such, that, when I knew them but as mere strangers, they had inspired me with genuine affection and admiration.
还有两个姐姐,她们的品质在即使同我是陌路人的时候,也激起了我的真情和羡慕。
The two girls, on whom, kneeling down on the wet ground, and looking through the low, latticed window of Moor House kitchen,
那天我跪在湿淋淋的地上,透过沼泽居低矮的格子窗,凝视着这两位姑娘,
I had gazed with so bitter a mixture of interest and despair, were my near kinswomen;
带着既感兴趣而又绝望的痛苦复杂的心情,原来她们竟是我的近亲。
and the young and stately gentleman who had found me almost dying at his threshold was my blood relation.
而这位发现我险些死在他门槛边的年轻庄重的绅士,就是我的血肉之亲。
Glorious discovery to a lonely wretch!
对孤苦伶丁的可怜人儿来说,这是个何等重大的发现!
This was wealth indeed! -- wealth to the heart! -- a mine of pure, genial affections.
其实这就是财富!——一个纯洁温暖的感情矿藏。
This was a blessing, bright, vivid, and exhilarating; --
这是一种幸福,光辉灿烂,生气勃勃,令人振奋!
not like the ponderous gift of gold: rich and welcome enough in its way, but sobering from its weight.
不像黄金那笨重的恩赐:富足而受人欢迎,却因其重量而清醒。
I now clapped my hands in sudden joy -- my pulse bounded, my veins thrilled.
我突然高兴地拍手——脉搏跳动,血管激动。
"Oh, I am glad! -- I am glad!" I exclaimed.
“呵,我真高兴——我真高兴!”我叫道。
St. John smiled. "Did I not say you neglected essential points to pursue trifles?" he asked.
圣·约翰笑了笑。“我不是说过你拣了芝麻丢了西瓜吗?”他问。
"You were serious when I told you you had got a fortune; and now, for a matter of no moment, you are excited."
“我告诉你有一笔财产时,你非常严肃,而现在,为了一件不重要的事,你却那么兴奋。”