We open the gates for higher education for every qualified student.
我们为每一个合格的学生打开了高等教育的大门。
Every student with a high school diploma, sufficient English and Internet connection can study with us.
每个学生,只要有高中文凭、足够的英语能力和互联网连接,就可以和我们一起学习。
We don't use audio, we don't use video. Broadband is not necessary.
我们不使用音频和视频。宽带网络不是必须的。
Any student from any part of the world with any Internet connection can study with us.
来自世界任何一个地方的任何一个学生,只要能连接到互联网,就可以和我们一起学习。
We are tuition free. All we ask our students to cover is the cost of their exams, 100 dollars per exam.
我们没有学费,我们的学生只需要负担考试的成本,每门考试100美元。
A full-time bachelor's degree student taking 40 courses will pay 1,000 dollars a year, 4,000 dollars for the entire degree.
一个全日制本科学位的学生选修40门课,每年将支付1000美元,整个学位需要4000美元。
And for those who cannot afford even this, we offer them a variety of scholarships.
对于连这些也无法负担的学生,我们提供了各种类型的奖学金。
It is our mission that nobody will be left behind for financial reasons.
没有人会因为经济上的原因而被抛下,这是我们的使命。
With 5,000 students in 2016, this model is financially sustainable.
到2016年,随着5000名学生,这一模式在经济上是可持续的。
Five years ago, it was a vision. Today, it is a reality.
五年前这还是一个畅想,而今它成为了现实。
Last month, we got the ultimate academic endorsement to our model. University of the People is now fully accredited.
上个月,我们的模式最终得到了学术界的认可。人民大学现在已完全通过认证。
With this accreditation, it's our time now to scale up. We have demonstrated that our model works.
有了这一认证,现在到了我们扩张的时候。我们已经展示了我们的模式是可行的。
I invite universities and, even more important, developing countries'governments to replicate this model
我邀请大学,更重要的是发展中国家的政府来复制这一模式,
to ensure that the gates of higher education will open widely.
来保证高等教育的大门将一直敞开。
A new era is coming, an era that will witness the disruption of the higher education model as we know it today,
一个新的时代来临了,这个时代将会见证我们今天所知的高等教育模式的瓦解,
from being a privilege for the few to becoming a basic right, affordable and accessible for all. Thank you.
从一种少数人的特权变为一种基本权力,所有人都可以承担,都可以获得。谢谢。