You might have done well there, but I can see you're not a clever girl.
你本可在那儿过得不错,但瞧你不是个聪明的主儿。
Harra, I believe we should give this one to Weese.
哈拉,我看还是把这家伙丢给威斯。
If you think so, Amabel.
你说行就行,埃玛贝尔。
They gave her a shift of grey roughspun wool and a pair of ill-fitting shoes, and sent her off.
于是她们塞给她一件灰色粗纺的羊毛裙和一双不合脚的鞋,打发她走了。
Weese was understeward for the Wailing Tower,
威斯是号哭塔的管事,
a squat man with a fleshy carbuncle of a nose and a nest of angry red boils near one corner of his plump lips.
生得矮胖,肉乎乎的酒糟鼻,丰满的嘴角下有一簇扎眼的红疖子。
Arya was one of six sent to him. He looked them all over with a gimlet eye.
连带艾莉亚共有六个人分给他,他用锐利的目光巡视他们,
The Lannisters are generous to those as serve them well, an honor none of your sort deserve,
兰尼斯特家对下人是很慷慨的,你们这帮家伙本来不配侍奉大人们,
but in war a man makes do with what's to hand.
但现在在打仗,也只好将就将就。
Work hard and mind your place and might be one day you'll rise as high as me.
假如你们工作努力本分,或许某天能升到我的位置;
If you think to presume on his lordship's kindness, though,
但如果得寸进尺,在大人们面前放肆的话,
you'll find me waiting after m'lord has gone, y'see.
回头瞧瞧我怎么收拾你们!
He strutted up and down before them,
他神气活现地在他们面前来回踱步,
telling them how they must never look the highborn in the eye,
训示他们绝不能直视贵族的眼睛,
nor speak until spoken to, nor get in his lordship's way.
绝不能自己开口说话,绝不能挡大人们的路等等。
My nose never lies, he boasted.
我的鼻子从不撒谎,他夸口,
I can smell defiance, I can smell pride, I can smell disobedience.
我能闻出轻蔑,闻出傲气,闻出违拗,
I catch a whiff of any such stinks, you'll answer for it.
若是让我闻到一丁点这些臭味,你们就得付出代价。
When I sniff you, all I want to smell is fear.
从你们身上,我只想闻到一种味道:恐惧。